mm2 crashing

problems with added cars and mm2 crashing

henkkahelviti
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

mm2 crashing

Postby henkkahelviti » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:37 pm

So I have a problem with mm2 crashing. At first I added 6-7 cars to the game and it worked perfectly. But then i added an 8:th car and the game crashed instantly after the screen where you choose which map (SF, London) and gamemode (circuit, checkpoint etc.). So I deleted that car from the files. But the game kept crashing ever since. So I reinstalled the game ( first uninstall, and then full install). And now I thought I would be really careful by adding one mod/car at a time. But the game crashed on the first car/first try! So I did the whole uninstall-thing again. But still the same problem. Any help?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Seems like you haven't never deleted the player folder, or however, what was left of the game folder after have uninstalled the game. The player profile deleting or replacing with this completed one will certainly solve the problem, but this case sounds to be more the particular one related with the last car and last paintjob played, and then successively removed; so, just keep placed this file in the game folder and you won't get no more such trouble.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

henkkahelviti
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby henkkahelviti » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:33 pm

ok thanks so much I will try it out!

henkkahelviti
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby henkkahelviti » Fri May 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Still doesn't work. Iv'e uninstalled and reinstalled the effing game 5 times. I put that file there but nothing helps. And I have tried different mods (cars) and directly I choose the car from the vehicle list in the game, it crashes immediatly. Dunno what to do anymore :(

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Can't figure out what else wrong there can be. Have you tried to delete the player profile and create a new one or use the one I linked you above?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 am

If you got the game from the internet, maybe your version was somehow edited and may not work properly. Try to get another copy of the game from another place in this case.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Midtown2 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 am

Usually it's the players folder. Try deleting it or simply starting a new save game... That usually fixes the problem for me.

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:17 am

-If MM2 is installed (usually) inside the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games........ directory (meaning you have a legitimate copy of MM2 from disc), then you may have to run MM2 as an administrator in order for the files in the players folder to load up. If you got MM2 from the internet and you installed it to the desktop for example, then still try to run it as administrator.

-You have probably removed the last driven car add-on which might've caused the game to crash. Add that car add-on back in then (if it works) drive another car then quit the game.

-Before re-installing MM2 again, download CCleaner if you don't have it, uninstall MM2 then clean up the registry in because MM2 might've added some new keys to the registry (backup the registry files when prompted in CCleaner incase if things don't go well after cleaning them), restart PC then install MM2. Again run it as administrator.

*And remember to add the files linked in Franch's post.

-This happened to me recently for a different reason, which has to do with the Graphics properties/control panel (AMD Catalyst, Nvidia, Intel HD Graphics, whichever you may have) you'll probably have to mess with some settings such as the anisotropic filtering and stuff. IDK why I encountered this problem of the game crashing during MM2 menu but I definitely fixed it through the graphics control panel.

Hopefully one of these helps, good luck. ;)
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

henkkahelviti
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby henkkahelviti » Wed May 06, 2015 7:08 pm

thanks for your replies, i will do