Some questions about car making

read this...:|

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Some questions about car making

Postby Vl4d » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 am

1) How should I work with .pkg files in ZModeler 1?
2) I've changed a .ar file into a .zip file, then I've decompressed it into a folder. What should I do to make that folder a .ar file?
3)(THE MOST IMPORTANT) What should I do to edit a car with ZModeler????
:) :)
Vl4d aka ..:Tr!ck:..

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm

About the point number 1, look this topic at the step number 3. It says how to name the car objects; you can also check the file pkg.txt in the folder Filters in the ZModeler 1 folder.
To export a car in .pkg format, you have to use the Export comand, choose the .pkg format and save the file.
About the point number 2, select the car folders (they're usually six) and compress then with WinRar in .zip format, then rename it to .ar.
About the point number 3, if you meant to create or edit the polygons of a car, see the tutorial at the same topic. Better read all that topic.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:39 pm

yeah...I have tryed to change the .zip archive in .ar file...but I don't know why it doesn't work...maybe i need the latest version... :| :|

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Use the latest version of WinRar, or better use the 7Zip. Make sure to select the ZIP compression while creating the archive.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

I guess these are informations are good for making a car from scratch...

But I also guess you're the best to ask: How to convert cars from Mafia or Racer? You told me that I can convert them with Zmodeler v 1.0.7:D:D
Should I simply get the permission of the author, the permission to edit it and organise the files and folders like in any .ar file?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:25 pm

I guess these are informations are good for making a car from scratch...
Yes, they're mainly made for that.
But I also guess you're the best to ask: How to convert cars from Mafia or Racer? You told me that I can convert them with Zmodeler v 1.0.7
To convert cars from Mafia and Racer you need only the ZModeler 1.0.7; look the file types that it can import.
About Mafia is pretty hard, because many Mafia model files are automatically looked by the ZModeler while exporting from the author. And about Raced conversions you'll find many cars with the 3D model files .dof archived in a file named data.ar, but it can't be extracted with WinZip like a not locked MM2 .ar file.
So, you have to see these things before preparing a conversion.
Should I simply get the permission of the author, the permission to edit it and organise the files and folders like in any .ar file?
You have to get the permission from the original author, the 3D model modeler, to edit and convert it for another game and then organise the files and folders like in any .ar file. :)

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Talking about Racer conversions...

What about .tga files?

There are few .tga files(in a Racer car which I have decomprssed for tests):brakes, kmh1, pneu, rpm1, rpm1_needle, s2k-textures, shadow ad wheels...I need them in MM2?

What's the matter with data.ar?...Why it cannot be decompressed?

And how do I get the other files that I need to make the car for mm2?(especially for texture and geometry)?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:08 pm

The .tga files are the textures used by the model: if it needs them you have to use they. You can open they with a graphic program like Adobe Photoshop.

I've already talk about the file data.ar; this file is made in a different way respect the MM2 ones (sure they're make with a program, like the MM1 ones), and there's no way to unlock them.

In the Texture folder you have to put all the textures used by the car and for the shadow and the lights. In the Geometry folder you'll put the exported .pkg files with the .mtx one.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:31 pm

I thought that's more easyer to convert a car...I think I'll renounce at my plans to convert a car and maybe then many cars:|:|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby awalwang » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Converting is nothing compared to making a car. :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Converting is nothing compared to making a car. :roll:
But it's a lot easier if you know elements of ZModeler and MM2 car making (folders, files, tuning, etc.). This is of course for me.

If you need a car, I see if I can convert it from a model for another game.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:31 am

I was Thinking about Dacia 1310 which I saw on https://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=165768 and I Would like to drive it in MM2...It's one of my favourite cars... :oops: :oops:

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Postby Gafaddict » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:48 pm

There is a Dacia 1300 availible for MM2, it appears similar to the Dacia 1310.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Old cars aren't so interesting for me, and yes, there's an old release of a Dacia 1300 available here.
I've planned to convert other some old cars, but I'm not sure.

Vl4d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Vl4d » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Yes...I know that dacia 1300 but I don't like it very much...It is pretty good but it doesn't impress me 8)