How do i Change Tuning Settings on this vehicle?

Transbus Pointer SLF Tuning

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

How do i Change Tuning Settings on this vehicle?

Postby tailsrules1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:20 am

Im trying to change the tuning settings on this bus. Is their anyway i can change the tuning on this vehicle? Please reply i need help.

Vehicle: https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... #dldetails

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 am

Download and use this program to be able to edit various performances settings of most add-on vehicles for MM2. It should work also with that bus.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tailsrules1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:33 am

its not working on that bus tho

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:27 pm

You need to open the .ar file with WinRAR and extract the tune folder, in that folder go into vehicle and edit the .vehcarism files with Notepad.
You might need to use this as well. Don't forget to drag the edited tune folder back into the .ar file when you're done.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tailsrules1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:23 pm

I renamed the bus from Ar to Zip but this happens when I extract the files

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:02 pm

I'll leave to this to the experts :tongue:. The .ar file is locked and if you're going to render it / modify the inner contents, you'll need to get permissions from the maker of that bus.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tailsrules1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 pm

I'll leave to this to the experts :tongue:. The .ar file is locked and if you're going to render it / modify the inner contents, you'll need to get permissions from the maker of that bus.
Btw how can i get permissions to do that
You need to open the .ar file with WinRAR and extract the tune folder, in that folder go into vehicle and edit the .vehcarism files with Notepad.
You might need to use this as well. Don't forget to drag the edited tune folder back into the .ar file when you're done.
When i open it as an ar file on winrar it gives me an error

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Now I got to check the file by myself, when I wrote yesterday I couldn't.
This bus is locked with a different way than the usual ones used, and the way that's zipped makes it impossible to be opened with MM2 Ultimate Tweaker and MM2 Vehicle Viewer (probably was used WinZip). With these conditions, the best way to do is create a totally new tuning, at least the .vehcarsim file, and put it in a new .ar file that will stay ahead the one of the bus, so to work as patch.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tailsrules1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 am

Now I got to check the file by myself, when I wrote yesterday I couldn't.
This bus is locked with a different way than the usual ones used, and the way that's zipped makes it impossible to be opened with MM2 Ultimate Tweaker and MM2 Vehicle Viewer (probably was used WinZip). With these conditions, the best way to do is create a totally new tuning, at least the .vehcarsim file, and put it in a new .ar file that will stay ahead the one of the bus, so to work as patch.
Sounds awesome how would you like me to do that

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 pm

A simple and quick way is extract the tuning files (those with the extension .vehcarsim, .vehgyro and .vehstuck) from another add-on vehicle that's not locked (open the .ar file with WinRar), rename them with the basename of the bus (it's "ARRMPD"), put them into a new folder called "vehicle", put this folder in another new one called "tune", and finally put it in a new ZIP archive called something like "!!!!!ARRMPD_patch.ar". Finally, put it in the game folder, run the game and play the bus with the new tuning.
Follow the tutorial linked some posts above to understand something about the tuning files working and to try some edits.

tailsrules1234
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tailsrules1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:28 pm

A simple and quick way is extract the tuning files (those with the extension .vehcarsim, .vehgyro and .vehstuck) from another add-on vehicle that's not locked (open the .ar file with WinRar), rename them with the basename of the bus (it's "ARRMPD"), put them into a new folder called "vehicle", put this folder in another new one called "tune", and finally put it in a new ZIP archive called something like "!!!!!ARRMPD_patch.ar". Finally, put it in the game folder, run the game and play the bus with the new tuning.
Follow the tutorial linked some posts above to understand something about the tuning files working and to try some edits.
Thanks for your help the patch works thank you ^^