mm2 not working

oh no

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

mm2 not working

Postby Fuyunyan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 am

I just somehow got the file "Midtown2" (application type) in the recycle bin. I pressed "restore" and it transported to the Midtown Madness 2 file folder. I have a feeling it isn't supposed to be there. Now, whenever i start the game, it just closes at the loading screen. Not crashing, but closing. Is it a mod i got? Cuz i just got a new mod, and it was working fine before that

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:17 am

That sounds weird, make sure to check properly. If the Midtown2.exe file is present in the main game folder, where it gets placed when the game is installed, it has to run fine and do the first loading at the splash screen.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Fuyunyan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Postby Fuyunyan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 am

I fixed it, weird. Must have been a mod. I actually just moved the Midtown2 folder and got rid of some mods, then it worked fine. Problem solved.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

I think the place of some mods on the alphabetic order might cause that kind of issue. I've faced that problem a couple times, on both my current and my old PC, after installing a new mod. The fix would be simply do something like adding an extra "!" to the file name to change the order of them and it would work just fine. Another of those unexplainable MM2 weird things, I guess.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site