A question on the MM2 default traffic shadows

GX2903
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

A question on the MM2 default traffic shadows

Postby GX2903 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:54 pm

I believe many MM2 players may found that,traffic cars don't have shadows in most of the time. But the shadow will pop up rarely.
Is there anyway to solve this annoying thing? :wink:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

They might be missing an LOD.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 pm

I noticed this issue many times, I have no idea of why sometimes it happens... Seems that could depend by the ground on where they're moving, where the shadow object gets a little under it. It can happen also to the player vehicle.
The traffic cars have all the LODs for the BODY, and the _H and _M copies for the shadow, but normally the shadow is always visible also if there's the only _H copy.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Midas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Midas » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 pm

I recently came across this issue too, and found the reason why this happens. It is because the AI routes (BAI) tend to go slightly below the road surface, causing the shadow to be invisible in some places. This is an error that Angel Studios probably didn't have enough time for to fix. But it is possible to fix it! :wink:

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:16 pm

That also explains when you hit a traffic car and it flies, you can see the shadow attached to the traffic car, it happens sometimes though.

Midas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Midas » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:13 pm

That also explains when you hit a traffic car and it flies, you can see the shadow attached to the traffic car, it happens sometimes though.
That only happens with the cargo truck as far as I know, because it has the shadow attached to the body, and not as a separate object. I think this is fixed in MM2 Revisited. But that's a completely different thing.

Try hitting a traffic car on a road where the shadows disappear. When you hit it, the car will detatch from its AI path to sit on the actual road surface causing the shadow to pop up.