KingAndy car convertions

"Arkham Knight Batmobile released; new finished projects soon..."

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Re: KingAndy car convertions

Postby matyii » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 am

I didn't experienced any problems with the vehicle in-game KingAndy. By the way, it looks awesome! :D Also, can't wait for your other project too. :)
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:03 am

[quote="BUGATTIMAN253MPH";p="111044"]Hmm...
I don't seem to be getting any fps hits while driving the Arkhammobile Andy. It's really weird that you're getting lag after changing the reflection levels. Are you using Hardware with T&L? It's probably nowhere near the cause, but I'm stumped, lol.[/quote]

Would I look too stupid if I said that was EXACTLY the issue?! LOL! Thank you man, I've been scratching my head all this time for a non-issue. Still, the idea to reduce the poly count of unnecessary details was good, but I will use the decimate tool not to get such a decrease in details, now that I know it's not creating any problems.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 am

Woah, that's impressive. But to be honest, with all of the work of setting up dgvoodoo to run MM2 on a modern Windows OS, I'm not surprised. It must be so easy to overlook MM2's graphics options when you've got a PC fit to run a Forza game.
But all in all you've made some good progress. Some speedy brake NOS arcade cars are always welcome
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 pm

No particular problems also from me with this conversion. The result is really good so far. :wink:
The rear flames effect could be made better, and then, you should add the ground projection also for it and have the rear lights one always visible.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 am

[quote="Franch88";p="111057"]No particular problems also from me with this conversion. The result is really good so far. :wink:
The rear flames effect could be made better, and then, you should add the ground projection also for it and have the rear lights one always visible.[/quote]

Ah, I guess from my "test" ended up showing off way too much!  :lol:  

Regarding the ground flares (and the glowing disk brakes), the idea is that the optional included file which disables the NOS effect would also enable these, which are otherwise not visible (basically, by default you'd have NOS and flames but no ground flare nor glowing disk brakes, but by using the NOS deactivator file you'd get no NOS nor flames, but in return the aforementioned extra details).

Now, both the ground flare effect and the animated flames are a huge PITA. The first behaves very oddly, as the car bumps or jumps it always stays at the same height, therefore they'd float and go through the ground if they were assigned as a TLIGHT object rather than BLIGHT (this is also the reason why I opted for disabling them when using the NOS effect, as the player most likely would be driving around while "braking" and making the issue quite obvious). The only solution would be having them as part of the shadow, but then they wouldn't glow more intensely when braking... It's either a matter of considering the presence lights would realistically shine bright enough to be always visible or not (and in this car it wouldn't really seem to be the case, but IDK which would be the best option - besides cutting it, that is).

Regarding the flames, they'd be properly credited in the due time - the animation was made by Sajmon14 for his Subaru, who kindly allowed me to use it. The only thing I've done to the textures was to edit the color in order to be yellow rather than blue. Moral of the story? If it works quite well why fixing it, the only reason I even included that was because he offered to help, because following the mindset not to waste time with pointless features I wouldn't really bother making a better one.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:37 am

I'm delighted to announce the Arkham Knight Batmobile is just awaiting approval! Even though some of you may have already tried the beta, I've kept a few surprises under the sleeve until now, and as traditional, I'm going to share several of the final product details down bellow:

The Arkham Knight Batmobile was quite a challenge - this is exactly the sort of conversions that can be relatively simple or fairly complicated depending of your approach, and I tried my best to recreate as much perks and details of this vehicle that can be considered quite a staple of the game it comes from (besides, for us PC gamers, the notoriously bad optimization - oh well, now's your chance to finally drive the Batmobile in smooth 60FPS!) Besides the pretty entertaining NOS effect with animated flames (special thanks once again to Sajmon14 for hooking me up with these), I also tried my best to get the tuning specs right - yet with a more arcade-ish twist - and managed to render an image of the interior to make a fairly decent dashboard, in 16:9 ratio as typical (hey, this mod even offers 1st person view unlike AK, so in a way this mod is even better than the original!... right?).

And now, the grand surprise: there's a second livery of the Jokermobile (yet another thing you can't play with on AK, KingAndy 2 - Warner Bros. 0!) - indeed, this is not another vehicle but really a second livery, being the extra 3D details invisible on the "regular" one. I had to dig around the web for quite a while in order to find these textures, but I did :wink:

It should be available from MM2X and my website very soon, and very soon is also a sneak peek of my next finished car.  8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:20 pm

The Joker themed paintjob looks very curious, and you've done an awesome work with this conversion! :D
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks, Franch.  :)

On the meantime, everyone can take a peak at the final release in this "promo" video:

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby matyii » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:09 pm

Awesome work here KingAndy! Both with the conversion and the video :D Can't wait for its release here at MM2X! By the way, those pedestrian voices in the video. :lol: I see you enjoy my little mod i made some time ago. :P
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm

I see that you have the Ozzmosis album cover as your avatar. Into the Ozz are you?  :)
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 am

This should be a terrific conversion. Nice video too, good choice of music, very Batman-like. :)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Great work and cool video :D

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:17 am

Hello back! I suppose the extra spare time at home in between online classes left me motivated to try and boot back up the good ol' MM2, as well as checking the new stuff on the works ATM. Finding out about the MM2Hook project, as well as all the many new features developed by The_Most_Wanted on his Patched EXE V4 have made me want to finally finish the last of the promising WIPs I had laying around - the Cadillac ambulance from the Ghostbusters movie!

When I was a kid I was all into the Ghostbusters, I had watched the original movies, played the heck out of the DS version of the game and even built several of my visions of the Ecto-1 out of Legos and papercraft models. Needless to say, after getting more experienced in the MM2 conversion scene, I ultimately desired to bring the van to the game by my own hand and in its full glory. This started being developed in 2015 as part of my Halloween surprise (which ended up just being a port of GTA V's Romero, looking back at it, it seems a rather odd choice of mine... oh well :P ), I called it quits as the freshman year of college began consuming more time and I started to realize the overtaking it was at the time to get it playing as I've wanted.

When I came back in a sheer of motivation in late 2018, it was supposed to be the third and final project getting released, after the 8-Track port and the Arkham Knight Batmobile, but unfortunately, yet again personal matters took the most of my time, not to speak what seemed to be a disappointing amount of downloads on the previous two, based on my high expectations from the 2013-14 days, meant calling it quits once more. Well finally, here it is, and in a pretty okay final product, I'd say! - at least it's quite up to my original ideas. :)

Long rambling short, this is a conversion of the original model from the PC edition of the Ghostbusters Videogame, but heavily edited over the years to be movie-accurate, with completely remade body textures using baked textures, as well as adapted textures and assets from either the Forza or the Driver SF Eldorado (I honestly can't recall which, as I've done this bit back in 2015).

Features a movie-accurate livery of the first movie, a livery inspired by the second and another for the upcoming Afterlife movie, the black beaten up livery when Ray bought the van in the movie and, finally, a fantasy one I've designed based on an Hot Wheels model. Has models of the crew as driver and passengers extracted from the game (positioning them required learning a whole new skillset in Blender) and, the best bit, fully animated emergency lights designed by The_Most_Wanted, as well as the iconic siren sound. The mandatory HD 16:9 dash in all my mods couldn't be lacking, either. ;)

The models are awaiting aproval, but you may get the pre_release build already, from our Discord server. And no typo here, there's more than one model... :whist:

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 am

Good work.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Sounds good, excellent work and nice of you to drop back for a visit 👍 gonna see if I can get MM2 working on Windows 10 again, so that I might try this sexy beast :wink:
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here