Finally got access to my old files

Burner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
United States of America

Finally got access to my old files

Postby Burner » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:42 am

Yay. Decided to start a new topic to post pics of all my old stuff. I'll start with cars I got in-game for MM1.

Keep in mind, these cars are all over 20 years old, back when 500 polys was normal and 2000 was high.

But if there is any interest, I may release them. Heh. I'll post my newer better stuff later.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
United States of America

Re: Finally got access to my old files

Postby TONY9 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:12 am

Hello Burner, huge fan of your stuff. I even converted some of your cars to MM2. You did release many of these already back in 2008 on MMArchive. However, the first 11 were never released before. Would love to try them out and maybe port them over to MM2 as well if ya don't mind. Heck, I'd say release the entire pack even if many have already been released before.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:34 am

Wow, some of these I haven't seen since MM2c and a lot I don't recognize. I also would like to try them out since I always found your work really cool. :D
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

Burner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby Burner » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:27 am

I'll see what I can do. It'll prolly be a few days.

90% of those aren't finished BTW. Meaning no damage textures and many might not have lights. I'll include the zmod files with those.

And these haven't been put in game, or have and the game files are lost, but still have the z3ds. All these are mega low poly, low enough for MM1. I'll post pics of my higher poly non gta stuff tomorrow or Sunday. Any of my cars that have engines/interiors I'm gonna save for gta.

My first car EVER. In 1999.
More recent. These are only about 10-12 years old.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The rest of these are 20-25 years old.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Burner on Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:29 am

Didn't you also make a Corvette C2 at one point? Wondering if you still have that.

Burner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby Burner » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:12 am

It's easy to miss cars in my pic folder. I have almost 1700 pics of my models 😉

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have prolly 50-75 mid poly models that are too high for MM1 but should go in MM2 fine(about 5000-10000). When I get the chance, I'll zip those up in a separate file, then all these low poly ones in a separate file, and all the ones that have game files in another.

Lastly, if these might be wanted, I can zip all these up too. These are all 3dcafe models(does that even still exist?). I highly modified all of them, fixed errors and normals, made textures and wheels for them. But, dunno if they are wanted cuz they did start off as not mine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:36 am

God damn! Stellar work. Can't wait to get a hold of 'em.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 3 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:41 am

Great work Burner! You are a talented modeller, though you've had loads of experience with it. These models look awesome and most look like how MysteryDriverX or LamboV10 or Bugattiman make their models.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

ITN_Tuning
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 3 months
Bulgaria

Postby ITN_Tuning » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:25 pm

Very cool collection. All those low poly models certainly would become great additions to Midtown Madness and other games.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm

Nice vehicles.
Any of my cars that have engines/interiors I'm gonna save for gta.
What GTAs do you know modding about btw? I want to make some small mods for III, VC, SA and IV, basic stuff like changing the Ai of some NPCs, making military/rare vehicles spawn driving on roads and making sailors spawn on the static ships. But I got help on no GTA forum. Send me a PM if you want to help, it would be nice to have it.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Burner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby Burner » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:46 pm

Thanks, all 😀 hey, ITN Tuning, I remember you. Heh. Nice Audi BTW.

Anyone still know how to do MM1 and use vck? All the little tricks there is? Like how to set up damage, I think you name one tex something like vpbody_ok.tif and the other vpbody_dam.tif, then assign one poly from the OK map to the dam map and the game automatically does the rest. Then how to make dull tex, it's in the text file of where you make the car have multiple colors, you assign the tex you want dull a "d" tag. I think in MM2 the only way to do dull tex is to make everything dull a breakable, then make that breakables value so high it can never break off. Something like that. And MM1 can only have 500 or so polys per tex sheet or the reflections will glitch and the tex flickers white. And MM1 can only export a model like 600 polys max through vck, unless you copy the H LOD to M and L LOD, then it's so high vck glitches and exports anyway even though the polycount is supposed to be too high. I dunno, I'm going off memory here, heh. I know MM1 was a pain in the butt to get cars working in.

Well, it'll still be another couple days. It's alot of stuff to go through and sort everything out into its own zips. In the meantime, here are the cars that can go in MM2.

Start off with the cars that aren't mine. The Challenger and Charger came from NFS:Carbon. The Charger started out as a 1969, that I changed to a 1970, then made the engine, interior, wheels, and textured it. The Challenger, I believe it was a 1971 that I changed to a 1970, then I made the six-pack hood, the rear spoiler, changed the roof to a SE vinyl top, made wheels and tex for to look like Dick Landy's Challenger. The Mustang is Chadwick's unfinished model that he gave to me, I finished it and made tex for it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

The rest of these are all mine.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Burner on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:23 pm

All good stuff.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:03 pm

Amazing immense work through the years, Burner! :D
I remember and also have some of your very old MM1 cars releases, and few are also available for download here at MM2X. There's certainly someone who's active nowadays and knows how to make cars for MM1.
Your very first model isn't that much bad for the period, would have been better without those simple black interiors, though. Very nice ones made more than 20 years ago, there's even the Wienermobile, who someone recently made for MM2. :wink: Curious "Cars" movie character. :P I really like the rendition of your recent European ones.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dading
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 month
Poland

Postby dading » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi burner

if you can join to discord server called "Madness Crew" or "Midtown Club" it would be awesome

I think no one really know how the vck works but with your car models im likely to learn how vck works

and you can share your cars there <3

Burner
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby Burner » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:27 pm

Edit: didn't want these at bottom of page 😜

Sorry, Franch.
Last edited by Burner on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.