Is this possible?

terring
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Extra traffic cars

Postby terring » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello :adios:

All traffic cars mods, like Riva's, replaces the original traffic cars with new models. But it's possible to add extra traffic cars? I mean not just replace the original, but also add extra cars. Imagine a mod that replace all the traffic cars of San Fransisco with better models and at the same time adds more cars like garbage trucks and ice cream vans.
Cool, isn't? :scratchchin: :wink4:
[color=white]Citizen of Cosmos[/color]

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Riva » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Terring.

Sure it's possible to replace all of the original traffic vehicles, you can also replace them by other models like quad, fantasy cars, some trucks and vans but about adding extra cars, IMO you can't because the game don't support more.

I replaced only few cars (because models are too detailed for a MM2 traffic mod) but I plan later to replace all traffic cars (SF, London, both). The Sajmon's traffic car do it.

terring
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby terring » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Riva, thanks for the answer :)
about adding extra cars, IMO you can't because the game don't support more.
I also think about it, but i have an idea (perhaps a really stupid idea). All default traffic cars has more than one color. San Fransisco taxis for example have yellow and green color. But how about replacing a color with a new car? For example we could replace the yellow taxi with a better model and the green taxi with a brown garbage truck :wink:
Stupid idea, huh? :oops:
[color=white]Citizen of Cosmos[/color]

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm

we can't replace color with another cars , maybe some other trafic mod has over 1 color , sajmon's trafic mod has over 5 color , you can get it in his web site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:56 pm

I've understand you idea; it's like to made a traffic mod that replace each single traffic car with a new model in its maximum density setting. This isn't possible.
You can only replace all the models used for the traffic cars (they're about 15) with nearly every kind of model that you want using multiple paintjobs for they; the multiple paintjobs are used in a precise order.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Hello Terring. You're idea isnt stupid at all. In fact, I was just telling people my intention of making such a traffic mod in the future.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE