Released!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Mod for New York City

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Lex_Luther and Icehole, two members from MM2C forum, were working on a very nice project. This project is mod that adds new objects, a subway system, a sewer system and a new Cops 'n' Robbers mode.
This mod is another great release for MM2, also because it's made using the PSDL Road Adder program, expressly developed by Lex_Luther to make this mod, that allows to add new roads and subways. With my experience I can say that the making of a similar mod has been very hard, so, great work to the authors.

This is what Lex_Luther has wrote about this mod.
For the last two years, Icehole and I have been modifying the New York track, making it more fun and also more challenging. We could probably keep working on it for a long, long time, but have decided to release what we have now. We do plan on making a few more changes based partly on feedback from this thread, and then we'll issue the Final release.
Here some preview pictures posted by the authors.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

You can get this mod from here, from MM2BR and from MMArchive. Soon at MM2X website too. It's an RC1 release.

Please read the Readme file in it to know more and how to use it; to play NYC with this mod you must set all down the traffic density.
It explains also about the problems so this city is known, that are to play it with low polygons cars (at least a maximum of 10000 polygons), set at least a screen resolution of 1024x768 to don't have city loading problems and set the hardware rendering without T&L from the game graphic options.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

NY question

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 pm

How to get to NY subway???? :?:

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:06 pm

i didn't try to get to the subway but maybe the author can tell you

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:11 pm

You have to use the NYC Mod with New York City, that adds this and other objects. I don't have tried this new mod, so I can't tell you how to get in it.
Probably it's used for a race or in the Cops 'n' Robbers mode.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:28 pm

I just tried it yesterday, and found out. Just go up to a subway entrance, drive through the fence, and you should be in. :)

96vette
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Postby 96vette » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 am

I had the mod and didnt like it, too many bridges where the gold would appear and you had to go around looking for the ramp to get on the bridge to get it, got tired of dealing with it and dumped the mod.