Sparks instead of smoke?

midtownmania
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Sparks instead of smoke?

Postby midtownmania » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:50 am

Is it possible to make sparks when you have a hard turn?

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm not sure, but in MM2 there are already sparks as far as I remember... :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Yeah, in MM2 there are the sparks effects, but only when you hit something with your car; other objects, like the props and the traffic, don't have this effect when they hit something.

A similar thing can be done with a mod that changes the white part of the smoke with a texture that looks like sparks, but the result will be very bad.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Why would there be sparks flying when rubber slides over asphalt? :P

Anyway, I thought of making some breakables, that when broken off the car, reveal sparks flying due to damage.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

midtownmania
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Postby midtownmania » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:45 am

I mean when you turn hard that your side bomper scratches the ground. (like on low-suspension cars)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Anyway, I thought of making some breakables, that when broken off the car, reveal sparks flying due to damage.
I don't have ideas about what you think, but looks impossible to do. Only the BODY objects of the player, opponents and cop cars have this effect, while all the other objects not.
I mean when you turn hard that your side bomper scratches the ground.
Yeah, I've understood that it is this what you mean. With too soft suspensions to a car is possible to make it scratch the ground in hard turns, and the in-game sparkle effect there's, but isn't so big as you want.
The sparkle effect of MM2 looks impossible to edit because it should be some effects of the DirectX 7 that the game uses.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:58 pm

I don't have ideas about what you think, but looks impossible to do. Only the BODY objects of the player, opponents and cop cars have this effect, while all the other objects not.
I heard breakables can be animated, but maybe only when they break off. I dont really remember the discussion. Anyway, even if they cant be animated, the breakables can have invisible faces that hide the spark-animation belonging to the BODY.

For showing more MM2 sparks when turning, maybe lower the bound object on the sides and increase the "Roll" factor in the vehgyro file.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:04 pm

I heard breakables can be animated, but maybe only when they break off. I dont really remember the discussion. Anyway, even if they cant be animated, the breakables can have invisible faces that hide the spark-animation belonging to the BODY.
The breakable objects can be animated, just look the breakable animated wipers of some MM2 cars. Anyway I imagine the result, not so very good; would be nice to see animated sparks when the object with this animation is on the ground? More looks complicated to do, and for me isn't worth neither do a try.