Problems regarding pedestrians and visibility

tizerist
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Problems regarding pedestrians and visibility

Postby tizerist » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Howdy. I've managed to get MM2 working on vista.

But there are a few issues I would like to squash also.

1) I have to run the game in software mode, otherwise the graphics are horribly distorted, however the pedestrians are nowhere to be seen. In hardware mode they appear however.
Can you make them appear in software mode?

2) Visibilty. In the options menu things like car reflections and visibilty sometimes reset themselves, although they are mostly alright. When i'm in the car, and I pause, I notice the visibilty has always gone back down, hence I have to put it back up every time!
Is there a way to lock visibilty to maximum?

I have tried both patches and read through the posts, but nothing.

The patches - The replacement exe prompts me to go online and then says im not connected (?) and the other one says it cannot find the MM2 directory, which is in a custom location.

Any help appreciated!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:52 pm

I know that MM2 has some working problems in Vista about the sounds and the pedestrians animations; you can find more in this topic.
It's pretty weird that also after have used the game patches still there are problems with the graphic in hardware rendering. About the game options resets, it should be given by a lack of a file in the player profile; I know that if a file there isn't, the game options will be always resetted after exit from the game. Try to replace your profile with the complete one available here.
You've said that you have the game installed in a different location, not in the default one. Maybe the problem is given by this, so, try to uninstall and install the game in its default location or directory. Maybe this is why the patches probably haven't worked...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby roland285 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm

again an bad point for win vista vs win xp! the score is 0:999 for xp :lol: oke,it is maybe possible to fix these problems but
with xp do you have no trouble! (I know many people with win vista with many problems with the: cpu,games that not run and more things like that)
I have an win xp without any patch and mm2 runs very fast at highest details :D

ps: wait for win 7.0 :wink: if you want to buy an PC.
maybe is win 7.0 better than that win vista.