drive cars from traffic mods

Postby nighthawk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 am

is it possible to drive cars from trafic mods :?:

Azbestos8
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Azbestos8 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 am

Yes, most times, all you have to do is drop a basename.info file into the tune folder, or make a patch for it. The basename is replaced with the vehicle's actual base name.

This is what the file looks like;

Code: Select all

BaseName=batman Description=Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. 7 (GrN) Colors=Col1|col2|etc Flags=0 Order=-1 ScoringBias=5.0 UnlockScore=0 UnlockFlags=0 Horsepower=850 Top Speed=150 Durability=200000 Mass=2000 ForceFeedbackModifier=0.7 RoadForceModifier=1.5
[img]https://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7341/websitebasicpsd.jpg[/img]
[img]https://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8926/smashupazsig2.jpg[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 am

He means if is possible to drive the cars that there are in a traffic mod. Is possible, but you have to do different things, and not just replace the .info file.

You have to extract the .pkg and the textures files from the mod .ar file, then import each time one .pkg file, adjust is as a player car removing the indicators lights objects, adding the reverse light objects and so on, export it as player car, add all the other needed files for the tuning, sounds and other, and make the .ar file.
Isn't easy to explain, and sincerely isn't worth make a traffic car model as player car, since most of them have are low polygons models with low details.
Are already available as player car the default traffic cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

nighthawk
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby nighthawk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:15 am

i still dont quite get it

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 am

Though I would love to drive the HQTM's traffic mod's cars. They are low-poly but awesome.

If you have no experience in making or converting a car....well get some experience. Otherwise, you wont understand what we're saying.

Ok, let me try.

1. Use WinRAR to extract the files of the desired traffic mod.
2. The folder called GEOMETRY has the pkg files, which are the actual models. Find the model that you want and remember its name.
3. From the all the folders including GEOMETRY, take out all the files........................

...no, it takes too long to explain. I already wrote a tutorial for this purpose. Read it and make a simple car. When you get the hang of it, you'll know what to do with a traffic mod.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 am

LOL, Silent! :P Well, yeah, it's not really necessary to drive the traffic cars as player cars in my opinion. :wink: The way explained by Franch is the only way to drive a car from the traffic.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 am

It isn't really much different from making a player car. Just use the model, textures, and banger files, and create a new car around them. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

I've quickly explained the steps to do to make a traffic mod car model as a player car; for other and to know how to make a car for MM2, read this tutorial. Only the Hummfred's (HQTM-Team) traffic mod cars are the ones worth to make as a player car.

If you don't have any knowledge and skill in MM2 modding and ZModeler using, the answer to your question is just "yes, is possible".
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|