Wrong resolution in dash mode

Vitaliy
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Wrong resolution in dash mode

Postby Vitaliy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi. My pc is running in 1280x800 resolution. Whenever i turn on the dashboard its not full screen. its only like 800x800 or whatever. How can i make it full-screen cause i love driving with the dash on... makes it feel like your actually in the car? This is only a problem with add-on cars, the default cars are full-screen when in dash mode. Thanks... this game is awesome.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

This is a common problem in many cars that have the dashboard view. Being an old game, MM2 doesn't support natively the widescreen resolutions, but it's curious that for the in-game cars the dashboards look ok with these screen resolutions. The MM2 cars makes prefer to make the dashbaord view proper for the 4:3 and 5:4 screen resolutions because they're the most used and are the game default ones; most of the dashboards have the perfect view from the screen resolution of 800x600, and in some also from 640x480.
Some cars released by Riva have the dashboard view made for the widescreen resolutions, but the problem of them is that they haven't the best view with the classic screen resolutions, because the side parts are too cutted.
If the car .ar file is locked, is not possible edit the view. For the not locked cars, the procedure is a bit complex: essentially you have to extract all the files from the .ar file, open and edit the dashboard .asnode file with the program MM2 Dashboard Placer and finally re-made the .ar file. You have to do some tests before get the best result.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Maybe he should use Widescreen Tool? https://mmarchive.com/file_details.php?file_id=366

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 pm

The MM2 Widescreen Tool is only needed to let select in the game graphic options the widescreen resolutions. The dashboard view doesn't change with the screen resolution to be fitted in the entire screen; the zoom value in the .asnode file must be edited to fix the dashboard viewing as you want.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|