the game crashes when i try to host/join multipl... [SOLVED]

freezes everytime i hit host or join

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

the game crashes when i try to host/join multipl... [SOLVED]

Postby jipi01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:51 am

when i hit host in the password / max player screen the game freezes or when i hit join in the enter IP adress screen in TCP/IP
thats so for both computers in the house but it has already worked but now i tryed uninstalling the game but it still does the same thing is there an option i have to change in my local network?
Last edited by jipi01 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby jipi01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:52 am

both computer freeze when i do that, so weird... ones windows xp and the other is 98 i really dont know whats wrong

CarFreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby CarFreak » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:59 am

Get Vista..... :lol:
Ummm, I've actually never hosted on Voobly cause i dont have an account but you can pm Franch88 and ask him. He knows a lot about igzones/voobly.
Or maybe its crashing because you dont have enough memory on those two computers?
A windows 98 i think iz out of the question, but i think xp should work...
Like i said, pm Franch88 and ask him or he may post on here.

Wats your cpu specs?
When it comes to MM2, MM2DF has it all.
[url=https://www.mm2df.webs.com/][img]https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/zac4084/Sig-other/dpsignfadedtronic.png[/img][/url]
Owner of MM2DF ~ MM2Riva Member

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby jipi01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:42 pm

my win98 is very crappy but it can run mm2 fine
my win xp is awesome, 2gb ram, nvidia gefore 8600gt and i already managed to play online on both computers but now its like everytime the game has to access internet it freezes, i checked my firewall but everythings fine, mm2 is the only program im having problems with but id really like it if i could play online. btw on voobly, after the game is launched, the game freezes after the first loading screen, as soon as its done loading

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:11 pm

CarFreak, there's no need that he has to PM me, thing that he hasn't done; when I'm online, I give a reply, if I can. And, I don't know a lot about Voobly and play MM2 online with it because I have never tried it. Sure this isn't a problem of computer specifications, sounds weird if a such problem is given by them...

Windows 98 is now too old as OS, maybe the Voobly client can find problems to work on it. However, I know that not all the accounts can host gameplays throught Voobly. Also, you should check and configure your router, give a look to this topic.
If the game crashes while the first loading, maybe is just because you have too much add-ons cars and tracks in the game folder: take out some of them.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby jipi01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm

i deleted ALL my add-ons, in fact i reinstalled the whole files on both computers, i added the port numbers in port forwarding, like this->
1st slot: name=mm2, ip adress=my PC ip address, start=2300, end=2400 i put both tcp and upn stuff.

2nd slot same name same IP, start and end=47624, tcp and upn.

i uninstalled hamachi, my bluetooth drive, and turned off my antivirus and firewall but still the same thing;

i click on multiplayer from mm2 main menu; i click tcp/ip, then host; i click done, setting no password and 8 max player; the game freezes and i have to turn off my computer.

OR:

i click tcp/ip, then join, then join after typing the other computers IP (but same result if i dont type it); the game freezes and i have to turn off my PC.

for anything else than tcp/ip, i can host and join but voobly is tcp/ip so after the game loads, the game crashes without even clearing the loading screen.

i downloaded mm2 twice, one ready to play extractable file, and the other a virtual .ISO cd.

it used to work 2-3 weeks ago, as i could host a tcp/ip game without crashing.

about my network: i have many shared files on my winxp hard drive, shared media and printer.

so everytime the game must access my network, it crashes.

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby jipi01 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:20 am

perfect it works now, i think its because i uninstalled hamachi ! thanks for trying to help me

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Probably is so, the uninstalling of Hamachi program since has also removed its LAN network, added to the one of your system, has given problems to the game to connect to the system network.
You've tried any possible thing to be able to host and join to multiplayer gameplays, I had no ideas. You've said that it worked properly before, so you had to see what was the cause that had made the gameplays hosting no more working.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

jipi01
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby jipi01 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:58 pm

but now im havin problem hostin on voobly players cant join my games