MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Riva » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Nice job, nice paint too. Can't wait to see the DB7 Cop.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 am

Really nice Cooper cop. Looking forward to the Aston. :)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Great Mini. Well done. :)

DMXbr
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby DMXbr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Awesome paintjob ;)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Well, unfortunatly, the Austin Cop may not happen. I am having trouble making a good white look for the it.

Anyway, I have a new idea for an Easter Egg.. but in this case, it will be a series of activities! To start, you will have to hunt down the start, which will be in San Francisco. It will be in a semi-obvious, and easy to find place (Donno where. Still deciding). When you get there, you will see 3... doors, signs, i donno yet, but anyway, those will be portals to 3 different Geocaching-like acitvities!

<offtopic> Geocaching is basicly going to a website, downloading sets of coordinates, and going to them. When you get there, you search the area for a special object, and there is usually a reward. In some cases, they are as simple as a container hidden in a tree that has some kinda prize. </offtopic>

Anyway, when you go through one of the... things, you will be given more information about where to start looking. When you reach that area, there will be a set of information that leads to another set, and so on. Eventually, you will come up to a prize! (Donno what they will be. Ideas are welcome :wink: )

There will be 3 different ones, Easy, Medium, and Hard. Easy will stay in San Francisco, and only have a few stops before you reach a prize.
Medium will start in San Francisco, and continue into London, or something like that. This means you will need to remember that information, and load london.
Hard (Still Pending) will require you to download different addon tracks, and find the new information there! How will I do this? Well, first of all, get permission from the authors, but I will add "roam.pathset" into the race folder, and that will contain the new objects in the track. This one might also involve some different eliments that are Non-MM2. Again, the "Hard" level idea is still pending, but it would be cool!

Also, if you didn't see it above,
I need ideas for the prize at the end. Something worth seeing.
I need a bit of help with this part. :wink:

This whole idea is very extreme, and may not suceed, so I need to know if you guys like this idea, and would like to do something new to do in MM2! :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:46 am

Sound like a big thing to do, but it's a brilliant and funny idea. :) I hope you know a way to realize it, because sure it's hard. Original the idea to add hints also in add-on tracks. Anyway, I think that very few people would care attention about a such thing, but is still to decide the possible prize that could give it interest... :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby matt1314 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Sounds really interesting and cool. Like a new game mode. I don't know if the hard mode is really needed, because you'll need to edit lots of tracks, so I would stay at SF and London. As a reward it could be a link to a special rare MM2 website with some cool old releases which are still downloadable. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I thought about the link idea, but if it where too long, it would be too hard to remember. :? Maybe I could provide small passwords to locked RAR files, which contain something in it. These would be in the revisited v4 zip. Maybe some of my other releases, like the Pedestrian, Ramp Truck, etc. Maybe cooler things.

Keep in mind, this isn't happening any time soon. I finally forced myself to stop working on Revisited, and continue my vacation from it. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm

Well, some of ya may have seen the 2 pics I have, about getting on the Trans Am, here and here. Well, that is a secret project of RV4. That's all I'm gonna say for now... don't wanna give details. :wink:

And really, this isn't much work here. Easy, 5 minute consept. Not much intrusion to my vacation.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Is interesting what you've done showed on those two screenshots, and good that you plan it for the version 4 of the mod. But, I remember that the object of that skyscraper hasn't the top, but it can well be edited. :roll: I have an idea of how you've got the car there.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 pm

The idea isn't hard. And also, there isn't any driving involved. :)

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby reckless201 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 am

The idea isn't hard. And also, there isn't any driving involved. :)
Ahhh the secret room/door/thing! :twisted:
Very Unimportant Member.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 pm

the highest point up the Tower was about 3/4 the way with the 747 lol

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, since my laptop seems to be working for now, I've decided to cut my vacation short, and start working on RV4 as much as I can. I am currently working on the Bay Bridge. I have the main bridge, new tunnel done. After looking at Treasure Island in real life, I decided that the default hunk of grass just wont work anymore. I am currently taking the peices of Marin County, and re-making them to look more like the Treasure Island headlands. Maybe add a few background objects, such as buildings. Wish me luck. :wink:

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Sounds fantastic, dummiesboy! Good luck!
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]