has any one converted the cars form mc1 & 2?

drrt4
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

has any one converted the cars form mc1 & 2?

Postby drrt4 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm

has any one converted all of the cars from mc1 and mc2? i have mc1 going to get mc2 , i finally beat mc1 and there is a lot of good cars, im wondering if any one has converted those cars?

thanks for reading! dr4
[img]https://img408.imageshack.us/img408

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

We can convert MC1 cars, but nobody has extracted them from PS2. Midnight Club II cars are avaible here: Click!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Some Midnight Club 2 game cars and one bike are already available converted for MM2, as Sajmon, the carpack author, says. Maybe they have been converted also for some other game, not by Sajmon of course, I have no idea.
Abot Midnight Club 1 there's only its New York City converted for MM2, no car available. Probably its cars models can be ripped and converted for other games too.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 pm

MC1 has only traffic cars and some cops. I'm not sure but MC1 cars propably had 3d damages, so maybe that's nobody could convert them

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Volky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

I have made converter from pkg to xmod (MM2 and MC1 to MC2). Try it.
https://www.moderngamers.com/forum/viewt ... a0464132a4

There is only one problem. I don't know how to extract normals for MC1 models. Other things works OK.

(On picture normals were calculated in ZModeler)

P.S. If someone here can explain me how to convert normals from MC1 PKG I will fix it (it seems there must be used matrix 3x3 with Euler angles, but I don't know exactly).

drrt4
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Postby drrt4 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

wow thats cool sum one is converting, wow! thanks for that gleam of hope... please keep us up to date, thanks for posting!! and i hope sum one can help.
[img]https://img408.imageshack.us/img408

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 pm

So you're LV_Volk, nice tools yours. :wink: Great that's possible to make mod cars for Midnight Club 2 from MM2 .pkg files, besides that the contrary from MC2.
Midnight Club 1 should use also the .pkg files for the cars, since with its New York City is pretty the same of MM2 cities. The ZModeler PKG filter is clearly made only for MM2 .pkg files, and sure is because of the presence of objects for the 3D damages, that aren't implemented in MM2 and not supported in the filter, that it can't import them, as Sajmon says.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 am

Volk, is the DRIVER_H and BODYDAMAGE_H from MC1 objects? If yes is that working in MM2?

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Volky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 am

All car objects you see were extracted from MC1 vp_skylineclassc.pkg model.
I've just converted MC1 PKG to MC2 XMOds and converted them back to PKG (MM2 compatible) to open in ZModeler.
I'm not making conversions so you can check by yourself if all parts works in MM2.
Theoretically damage model can be used too, but too much work to do with re-texturing and alpha channel (transparency).

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I tested but these parts don't want to work, I also tried with making them as objects with H:m, maybe the MM2 exe file doesn't contain info about such objects

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Volky » Sat May 01, 2010 8:52 am

According to topic on mm2c forum BODYDAMAGE and DRIVER parts are allowed:
https://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... c&start=15
There must be limitations, maybe parts sequence as they wrote.
Try to unite driver with car body in ZModeler. PKG and MTX files must be in the same folder and all files must have proper names of course.