Problem with MM2 Overhauled!

Is V2 coming?

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Problem with MM2 Overhauled!

Postby Leolego29347 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

I have a problem with MM2 Overhauled! Mod. I can only cruise in New York if I turn off all pedistrians and traffic (cops works.) :cry:
Does somebody know if Richard'P is gonna release a V2?

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Probably a glitch of the mod. Richard_P is no longer mod making, unless he only makes trucks.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Ehh, I have seen a topic on mm2c.com, but all the download links is dead.

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Download this New York City instead of the previous one and make sure it has more "!" than the old one

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I don't know about the release or the planning of a V2 of the MM2 Overhauled! Mod by Richard_P. The known one available in this website is a kind of beta version. Richard_P has been online some months ago and has released two cars, but big projects like that mod and New York City sure are now done.
However, your problem isn't about that mod, but about the New York City track. I suggest to download the improved 1.1 version by SuperSecrect, available here; it results way more stable and you can use more detailed model vehicles with it. The problem that the original version of this city has is the one related with the management of a certain number of polygons by the game: New York City plus the traffic and the pedestrians has so many polygons, and if is used a pretty detailed player car, the game crashes while the city loading becasue of too much total of polygons to manage; the pretty high used screen resolution and the Hardware Rendering with T&L settings are involved in this too. The improved version has as total has less polygons.

Wilder, add more "!" symbols ahead the file name is useless, that won't solve the problem explained above. The five already available are so enough for its correct working. Their number is more important for the working of mods, in particular the ones that do only a specific change. Obviously, is needed to delete the old version before put the improved 1.1 one; anyway, if is not done that the system asks to replace the file since both use the same file name. The New York City in the MM2 Overhauled! Mod is in a separated file, like for other its features.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Well I overview that , But was too busy to edit since i've launched a game

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 am

It's the special New York in MM2 overhauled! mod, that one has cops. I want cops, but they only work if I turn off pedistrians and traffic. It has worked before. :roll:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Yes I know, the version of the Yallis' and Richard_P's New York City in the MM2 Overhauled! Mod has the city cop cars (and maybe little more), but also the improved 1.1 has them; the car is different and maybe also their positions, but both have the city cop cars.
In the original version, they work only if you remove the traffic and pedestrians density right because of the problem exaplined above, the one of the game that has to manage too much polygons as total. If before they have worked with an amount of traffic and pedestrians should be because you've used a lower screen resolution or a low polygons player car. Is really suggested use the improved 1.1 version than the old original one to don't have those working problems.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Franch, but improved are often placing the cops in the water or the subway, which is only in New York mod. :police: