Add-on id

Postby Leolego29347 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Got any id

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Depends your knowledge. If you're able to convert a car, you do what you want. Tracks making (from scratch or conversion) is a bit different whereas making mods is another way to change MM2.

There's a lot of cars and mods available for MM2. For sure, maps are the most interesting addons to do (especially with a lot of features, traffic, cops, checkpoint races etc).

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby tonius11 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:52 pm

I recommend making a mod first. By making a mod you will find out a bit about how to work with .ar files.
Making cars is a bit more difficult. You will need to know how to make (or convert) the 3d model, how to export it, and how to work with tuning and audio files.
Finally, making tracks is the most difficult to learn, and also takes the most patience.
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=65&lid=923&ttitle=Default_Cars_Traffic_Mod#dldetails][img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4604962/GetTrafficMod.jpg[/img][/url]

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Leolego29347 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:04 pm

I recommend making a mod first. By making a mod you will find out a bit about how to work with .ar files.
Making cars is a bit more difficult. You will need to know how to make (or convert) the 3d model, how to export it, and how to work with tuning and audio files.
Finally, making tracks is the most difficult to learn, and also takes the most patience.
Yes, you're right. Your first add-on was your Deafult Traffic Cars Mod. :)
I'll maybe start making a trafficmod. :wink:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby tonius11 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes, you're right. Your first add-on was your Deafult Traffic Cars Mod. :)
I'll maybe start making a trafficmod. :wink:
Well, a traffic mod is a lot like making a car, I meant just a small mod to get the hang of it. :wink:
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=65&lid=923&ttitle=Default_Cars_Traffic_Mod#dldetails][img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4604962/GetTrafficMod.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

You can find the reply to your question by yourself, just by seeing which are your knowledges in making mods and add-ons for MM2.
To start, start with a mod, but a simple one, like the textures changing mods (e.g. SF Repainted Mod). To make a car and especially a city with traffic is needed more work, knowledge and time (for a newbie is almost impossible most of the times). Mods that add new objects in the game cities aren't that much hard, due to the MM2 City Toolkit program. Yes, make a traffic mod is similar to make player cars.
Tonius clearly already had the knowledges in modding MM2. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks Franch. :wink: I'll maybe make a mod that changes the traffic car horns maybe... :)
In which files are they listed? They will be opened with deAr, right? :)

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 am

If you have NFS3 or NFS4 installed, try making a car (just to learn how to make car), and then try various games. My first mod was a car, the Placeholder from NFS4 :P

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Leolego29347 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

RacingFreak, I don't have any NFS except NFS Carbon for PC and NFS Underground and NFS Hot Pursuit to XBOX 360. :)

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Zmodeler 1.07b comes with 4 sample cars. Try to convert those to MM2.

Actually, I'm planning to make a MM2 Car Converting Kit/Package for beginners. You can have a sneakpeek here or wait until I release the whole thing.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE