Paris Project

Work in progress

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Just so you don't know, he also wants the light to rotate around.
I didn't noticed that he wants it animated, but neither Carking replied to that...

Make it animate is impegnative, you need to make copies of the object with the light projection texture and rotate them; isn't easy to explain, take as example the wipers animation of some buses. Then you have to set the textures to make the animation and decide teh frame number.
This same operation must be done for any "objects" animation, because MM2 has objects animations only for the bascule bridges (it can be done with any object).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Alex27
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby Alex27 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm going to edit this texture and map it on a cone above the tower. Then, I will make some other copies of this texture with _0001, _0002, etc, but they will be changed.
[img]https://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7306/logo2dt.png[/img]

reckless201
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby reckless201 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Or maybe it can be done like the water animation, in this case a .movie file.
Very Unimportant Member.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Well, you've got the idea, you know how to make it animated, good luck with it. If all is done well at the first time, you haven't to do lot of tests in-game. :wink: Very good idea use a cone object for it; I thought for a plane object with various rotated copies, but using a cone object with a texture mapped to all the cone is possible get a nice result using less texture files. PM me if you need help about the light projection.
Or maybe it can be done like the water animation, in this case a .movie file.
You must use more textures with the .movie file if you want to make an animation, in any case, both about an object (like the wipers) or about the texture of a simple plane, like for the water indeed.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Well, sorry to say this, but MM2 doesn't support alpha very well at all on those kind of objects. Remember the issue I had with the cable car headlight? The cone won't turn out well at all.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm

is alex still working on this project?

Alex27
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby Alex27 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 pm

The project is not canceled, but is in some kind of standby. :oops: I worked on the roads, but I think I'm going to redo it, because I built them in only one object, and I don't think traffic will work this way. I'm also working on London Mod 1, that is almost finished. I'll give news on that when there will be progress. Please excuse me.
[img]https://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7306/logo2dt.png[/img]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 pm

You can't detach the roads? Making city from roads with wrong connection can give BAI problems or city can crash after 3 mins of driving :wink:

Ultrastar
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Ultrastar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:25 pm

Oh yes !
My town in MM2 !
Maybe i'll see my flat...

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Leolego29347 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Now when London mod 1 is finished, are you gonna continue making Paris? It would be one of the greatest cities to mm2 sure.

KameOn
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby KameOn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Any news? :lol: ^^

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm pretty sure this is abandoned...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Just to close the case of this project until a reply of the author...
I don't see Alex27 online here since lot of time, almost after the release of his London Mod 1. However, a such project, started over two years ago, and it's really too much for only one person; is insane that only one person has to make a big and complex city, especially if it's an attempting. Only Sajmon succeded in this with his cities, not that much big anyway, but he has skills and time and his cities are invented by him. Alex27 showed some skills, but as seems hasn't much time.
From his last post he was doing the roads wrongly, having to make them from the beginning to have traffic to work. Sounds like an attempting of city making. However, I would consider this project now abandoned and cancelled.

leo98mm2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby leo98mm2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:38 am

I don't see Alex27 online here since lot of time, almost after the release of his London Mod 1. However, a such project, started over two years ago, and it's really too much for only one person; is insane that only one person has to make a big and complex city, especially if it's an attempting. Only Sajmon succeded in this with his cities, not that much big anyway, but he has skills and time and his cities are invented by him. Alex27 showed some skills, but as seems hasn't much time.
From his last post he was doing the roads wrongly, having to make them from the beginning to have traffic to work. Sounds like an attempting of city making. However, I would consider this project now abandoned and cancelled.
Perhaps you're right. :roll:

Kluvo2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Kluvo2 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

I've talked about that project with Alex few months ago. I've wanted to continue it by myself, but he said, that it's not abandoned, just stopped because of time.