Problems with HK Taxi...

it'll appear a white thing

wanna_indonesian_bus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Problems with HK Taxi...

Postby wanna_indonesian_bus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 am

Hello, I got a problem for a HK Taxi, it'll appear a white thing! I finish remove all my mods (SM2BETA, Revisited V.4, Testzone)

U Can test the file here (i got the completed version from stefan188) : YouCanTestTheHKTaxiHERE.ar - 4.3 MB
[img]https://home.hkstar.com/~ckctp/busstop1.gif[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I know this problem with this taxi car, it's a native problem of it, it's not caused by conflicts. It's just because is used a material with missing texture file for that part so resulting white; that part is of the shadow object, used for the headlights projection beams effect. As far as I remember it's so, otherwise, it can be because of particular characters used for the texture file name.
You can fix it by opening the .ar file with WinRar or 7Zip archives managers, then, put in the Texture folder the headlights projection beams effect texture files taken from another car add-on (normal and night version, rename the files if you want before), extract the .pkg file from the Geometry folder, open it with the File Browser tool (F9 keyboard button) of MM2 City Toolkit program, click on button Shaders Editor; you'll get the complete list of the materials with the texture file name used in it, compare they with the file names of the car textures, and where there isn't the texture for one of those texture names, change it with the one that you've added clicking on buttion Change texture name and then confirm. After click on Save & Close button, close the program, put the edited .pkg file in the Geometry folder inside the archive, close the archives manager and try in-game.
If nothing changes probably is because you've changed the wrong material name, if so, redo everything from the original .ar file. It's a trial and error thing. If in night times the lights projection beams effect is badly showed, it's because of the diffferent mapping on the object, in this case, is better delete the night version texture file from the archive so to have it always hidden.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

wanna_indonesian_bus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Postby wanna_indonesian_bus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah, Because it looks like a modified someone's Chevrolet Caprice Yellow Cab :roll:
[img]https://home.hkstar.com/~ckctp/busstop1.gif[/img]

qqken05132
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby qqken05132 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:58 am

where can i dowload this HK TAXI

IamLegend
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby IamLegend » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:10 pm

where can i dowload this HK TAXI
wanna_indonesian_bus even posted the link below the picture.