Logitech G25 Wheel with Midtown Madness 1 & 2

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years

Logitech G25 Wheel with Midtown Madness 1 & 2

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Hey, do any of you know if the Logitech G25 Racing wheel works with Midtown Madness 1 and Midtown Madness 2? I mean, like the whole thing (Force Feedback, 6-speed shifter, clutch pedal), does it work with MM1 & MM2? I was planning on getting one and I want to know if it works with those 2 games. I heard that the Logitech G25 has special stuff that needs to work with the games and MM1 ad MM2 were both made between 1999 and 2003 so I don't know if they have what the steering wheel needs to function or operate properly. Thanks. 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 pm

I know the Logitech G25 steering wheel, a great steering wheel. :D
Sure it'll work with old games, but I don't think that it'll will work very good, because it's made for the most recents racing games and drive simulators.
MM1 and MM2 are old and basics games (year 1999 MM1 and year 2000 MM2) that allows only two axis, the Y axis for throttle and brake and the X axis for the steering. The H gear shifts and the clutch pedal (another axis) can't be used as it has been made. So this great steering wheel can't be use all its functions with these games.

PS: the year 2003 is for MM3. ;)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Midtown-Madness-2_Kid
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Midtown-Madness-2_Kid » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:37 pm

Is there any way that I can get the clutch and shifter to work for those games, like a patch or download or something? Or is it impossible to do? :?: :cry:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:48 pm

You can only use the two direction, up and down, gear shift (the Logitech G25 allows to use both H gear shifts and up/down gear shifts). MM1 and MM2 doesn't use the clutch, so there's no button or axis for it.
There's no patch for these games to use all functions of modern and advanced steering wheels, these functions must be native in a game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|