How to custom the default dashboards?

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

How to custom the default dashboards?

Postby KingAndy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi guys, well my Mad max Interceptor is almost done, but miss something that in my opinion is one of the most important things on a MM2 car: the dashboard. In internet I learned how to use Zmodeler and how to convert a car, but not how to make a dashboard, so I have no idea about making dashboards. My idea to make the things more simple is modify the default Mustang Fastback dashboard, but I don't know how to open the tex. files to make the changes, or how to make it all work. Somebody can tell me how to do it?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 am

Here are the main steps in taking and editing one of the default cars dashboards.
Extract the *_dash.pkg, *_dash.mtx .tex and *_dash.asnode files of the dashboard which you're interested from the default .ar game files by using DeAR2 program; move all these files in the respective folders of your add-on vehicle in making; convert the .tex files in .tga by using TEX to TGA Converter program; delete the .tex files and rename all these files changing the basename part with the one of your car; edit the .tga textures with your photo editing program; edit the .pkg file with the MM2 City Toolkit program's File Browser tool changing the basename part of all the textures files names written (takes a while); provide for a dashboard camera file and edit the position values in it to fit your vehicle, it can be taken from the many add-on cars available; make the .ar file and check in-game.
Successive things that can be done are: night version of the dashboard through the "_ni" suffix copies of the textures; a tweaking of the needles rotation and dashboard height by using the MM2 Dashboard Placer program.
More info about dashboards making in this tutorial.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks for your help :)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year