Will the Honda & Acura section ever come back?

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Will the Honda & Acura section ever come back?

Postby carmaniac » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm

I remember when it got taken down due to a copyright claim, which I think was stupid because we make NO profit out of these downloads...
Infact, why did they target MM2 addons but not like GTA addons? I'm pretty sure those were some jokers that emailed Decibel :x

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:24 pm

After a few days of removal of those brands, the links to them were still accessible but they weren't visible in the downloads section. Maybe they still exist on servers but cannot be accessed? :roll:
Infact, why did they target MM2 addons but not like GTA addons?
Agreed, it was like a free add for them but still... :sad2: Maybe whoever said Dj about the removal of these brands didn't like tuning of a randomly downloaded Honda or Acura and got raged? :twisted:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

I have MM2X backup of cars files from brands A-C from just before they were removed, they are hosted on a webserver I would need to find again
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 pm

I know, what happened was really absurd. This website can't obviously do any kind of use of cars brands copyright... Didn't they see that this website doesn't get any money, neither from advertisement banners? Don't they know that there are thousands of other games mods download websites with "Acura" and "Honda" written? :?
Unfortunately it wasn't a joke, was all real, done by a copyright protection agency, or whatever. DjDecibel sent me a copy of the received e-mail. American Honda Motor Co. engaged this agency to protect its copyright, but those morons really do a crappy time wasting work, to even "denounce" a website with no illegal using of their copyright. I guess that if the directors competent to this looked all what their engaged agency did against this website, they would have cancelled its "denounce" against MM2X. What could Honda get against us?

The downloads haven't been deleted, they have been moved to other sections and result hidden, but they're the same reachable through their IDs. The Acura and Honda sections, left empty, were removed because they neither wanted to see written Acura and Honda in the downloads page! :roll: Words of DjDecibel...
I wish that will happen this: if one day DjDecibel will decide to re-add those sections, let's hope that all this shit won't happen again... On next February will be gone one year, and I think that this try can be done then...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:28 am

I think that they don't do anything on GTA addons because they have some random names which are not used in Earth for vehicles. Eg. Skimmer, Sparrow, Rhino, etc.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 am

Yet again you haven't understand correctly... We're talking about the presence of mods and add-ons marked with those brands in websites, not about the cars present in the games. Look this page at GTAinside.com website, for example, you can see the cars brands subdivisions and the presence of Acura and Honda. You'd rightly talked about GTA add-ons (really they work as mods in the case of those games, though), but then, how could have you mixed them with the GTA games default cars names?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 am

I never saw this! 8O And talking that they have random names.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:06 am

I think they were just bored at work and decided to have some ''fun'' :x

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:01 pm

There were grammar errors in the message to Franch about it. I believe it was fake. I believe that the cars should be reinstated and that message forgotten about.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

There were grammar errors in the message to Franch about it. I believe it was fake. I believe that the cars should be reinstated and that message forgotten about.
Probably some impersonator/s, we need to get these cars back quick! :police:

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:26 pm

I honestly never noticed that. And by reading what Franch said, I believe it was fake. Seriously, I don't want this website to get sued or whatever :roll:, but, IMO we should just bring those sections back, I'm pretty sure its either Honda/Acura guys just messing around with us, or a bunch of phony baloney. :evil:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Forgot to say that DjDecibel told me to have even got at home a mail with the paper version of the e-mail attachment, where there are screenshots of the Acura and Honda website pages, as proof of the denounce. They have also money to waste, besides time...
With this, I would believe that all this can't be fake, don't you think? Now, will see what DjDecibel thinks about the idea to restore those brand categories and their downloads in February, at least..

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:19 pm

the claim was real.. i received valid documentation by e-mail and in "paper version" at my home adress from a real USA legal agency..
they also requested my real info and adress at MM2X hosting service..
so it wasn't a fake.. and as Franch said i moved all honda and acura files in a new hidden category..

we also got claimed from microsoft for other files ;) but we moved those files also..

we are getting those claims because mm2x has a good rank in USA and in worldwide positions and a lot of traffic due to the file traffic!

so.. i don't know if i will restore the categories.. if i'll do that i will replace the names with some strange simbols.. ahah but as franch said we need some time :)

so... stay tuned! :D