What just happened?

mm2x was down for about 12 hours

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

What just happened?

Postby e-cobra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 am

As most of us saw, mm2x was down yesterday and gave a 500 Internal Server Error for about 12 hours. Well, what caused this and is it got something to do with the monthly server cost needed for the site to run?
If it is really, really required, shouldn't mm2x display adds to stay online?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

A320_Pilot
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Postby A320_Pilot » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 am

Two days*
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Vj394OU.jpg[/img]
[color=cyan][b]4.6L V8?[/b][/color] [color=white]I think[/color] [color=red][b]YES![/b][/color]

DjDecibel
MM2 eXtreme Owner
MM2 eXtreme Owner
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Italy

Postby DjDecibel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm

the problem has been solved, a server upgrade caused the 500 internal server error!

please post here if any problem occours in those days..

sorry for the downtime! :D
i'll do the best for keep the site alive

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks Dj, glad to see the site up again :)
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 pm

The problem cause depended all by the hoster, consequence of a server update that they did. They had to fix this problem, that instead, at the end has been fixed by DjDecibel simply by restoring the server's permissions, which got lost. I advised him at his personal e-mail address.
Precisely, the problem duration has been of about 32 hours. The servers have unlimited monthly bandwidth, and their payment and subscription renewal is annual.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|