MM2 .ar File Questions

SuperJRA320
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 11 months

MM2 .ar File Questions

Postby SuperJRA320 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:44 pm

I have a couple of questions regarding the .ar files in the game. First of all, why do some of them have ! in front of the name? The other question I have is why some of the .ar files don't open? Is there a way to open them? I would like to modify some cars just for my personal use (I would never modify then re-upload someone else's car) as they either are unrealistic, don't have a dashboard and in every case have unrealistic crappy sounds.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Some AR files don't open because they are locked by the creator, and there is no way to possibly re-extract the data. The ! in front is just for order, E.g. !myar.ar will appear above myar.ar. You also can't open MM2CORE/AUD/AUDEX/TEX AR files without dear2.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 pm

The game reads the .ar files and loads their content in file name sorting. "!" symbols are used for ordering issues: in the case of the add-on cars and tracks, they decide the order in the city and vehicle selection menus (San Francisco and the default game cars will always be on top of them, though); concerning the mods, it's mainly for working issues, as they must always been before the 4 game .ar files and, especially for littler mods, they have many of them to ensure their working over other mods.
If the cars that you want to edit for personal use aren't so many, you could list them, as you want. Have realistic engine sounds in an old basic game like MM2 is a chimera...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 am

Have realistic engine sounds in an old basic game like MM2 is a chimera...
...sadly yes, which is partially why there will never be a Saleen S331 supercab with my name on it...the other part is that once I've heard the real sound of a car, I'm too much a stickler to be content with any less. :oops:
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.