MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 am

CarLuver is right on.

For example, lets say your animation currently has 30 textures and runs at a framerate of 5 frames/sec.

(NOTE: Before you try the following options, make backup of all textures so you dont lose it forever.)

Option 1: Delete every second frame (#0, 2, 4, 6, ...etc) so that your final frame count is 15. Then increase your frameRATE to 10 frames/sec. This way the animation will appear as smooth as before, but this time requiring less resources (time and frames).

Option 2: If option 1 takes out too many important frames, try deleting every 3rd frame (#0, 3, 6, 9,...etc) so your final frame count is 20, and then increase framerate to 7 or 8 frames/sec.

Option 3: If option 2 isnt good enough, cut out every 4th frame and you probably dont even have to touch the framerate.

Basically, the more textures you take out, the higher your framerate needs to be to compensate for the missing frames and for the animation to continue as smoothly as before. BUT, cut out too many frames and your animation that once took 6 seconds to completion, will now take 1 or 2 seconds. You be the judge and see how many frames or how much time or both you can afford to lose.

P.S. Another option: If you find you need to take out a lot of frames, you can use a combination of options mentioned above (ex: use option 1 and then option 1 again on remaining frames...etc).

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 am

Well, there are only 2 frames out of the current 20 that have lightning. Those 2 frames are essential to creating a true lightning look...
If I increased the frame count, the flashes would show up less often, but the game crashes after 20 frames... carluver suggested on MSN to reduce the texture size to possibly get more in, but this would reduce quality obviously. I'll try it tomorrow anyway though.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Well, the lightning idea just wont work. I tried to reduce the texture size, and the file name length. However, I only gained a maximum of 6 frames, which is not enough to fix the issue... so the lightning idea wont work. The thing I'm puzzled by though, there IS lightning in mm1... so why they left it out in mm2, I just dont know.

Anyway, Franch contributed to the patch by adding another bonus addon, which is an empty vehicle slot in the selection screen. It is there to prevent crashes that happen when you remove an addon car, but forget to use a different one before deleting it. It works well, just dont click Go Drive with it, or the game will crash. :wink:

I will now work on redoing the fog effects, pictures comming soon.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby zoot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Cool. Nice additions coming! ;)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Sido » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:34 am

I Want this to be Released. :)
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby CarLuver69 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 am

Well, there are only 2 frames out of the current 20 that have lightning. Those 2 frames are essential to creating a true lightning look...
If I increased the frame count, the flashes would show up less often, but the game crashes after 20 frames... carluver suggested on MSN to reduce the texture size to possibly get more in, but this would reduce quality obviously. I'll try it tomorrow anyway though.
Nobody ever suggested that you add to the frame count. The suggestion was to take OUT from the frame count and increase the frame RATE. As in, the .movie file. NOT the images themselves.

I would like to see this lightning mod work! Please!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Carluver, you don't understand. The image must flash on and off in a split second. Removing frames won't fix anything because a high frame rate is needed for this effect. If the image were to stay there for even one second, that would be very unrealistic.

EDIT: Anyway, here is an image of the new fog. I made every setting have fog that blends with the sky as much as possible. SF is done, now I only need to do London.

...and for those of you curious about what the lightning would have looked like, here is some eye candy.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby zoot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Nice fog! Lightning look kinda strange imo. ;)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm

I managed to find some new night sky textures that would replace the Clear and Cloudy ones. I know alot of people were dissapointed with the rv4 ones, but is this any better? If people like this, I will do the cloudy sky too.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 pm

EDIT: Anyway, here is an image of the new fog. I made every setting have fog that blends with the sky as much as possible. SF is done, now I only need to do London.
[img]https://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... -1.jpg[img]
Wow, that looks pretty nice.

As for the cloudy tex, the moon looks a little big, but other than that it is nice.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Awesome! Agreed about the moon.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Well, I have modified the new sky. Turns out the cloudy one i got just wouldnt work out, so I had to use the old one. I modified the new clear sky to look like the cloudy one:

Clear

Cloudy

I also made the moon smaller. I know it looks wide in that picture, but that's because of the angle.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Nice. :)
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:31 pm

I managed to find some new night sky textures that would replace the Clear and Cloudy ones. I know alot of people were dissapointed with the rv4 ones, but is this any better? If people like this, I will do the cloudy sky too.
OMG!!!! I have to have that! That is pure awesome! Don't shrink the moon, let it be big.

Also, really nice fog effect. It looks very realistic now.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Very nice looking new skies and fog effect. Awesome work, you're doing it in the best way for me. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|