Tonius Island

In progress

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby tonius11 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 pm

I have remodelled the road again, and it works now somehow.
That issue when happens that the car stucks in middle air could always depend by the way of how the roads have been made.
Issue??? I was just jumping over the hills in those screenshots. :P

P.S. How do you use the animated ocean textures in MM2?

(yay i conquered the 2nd page!!!)

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zoot » Sat May 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Just use the mm2's ocean textures and name them the same name. ;)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Issue??? I was just jumping over the hills in those screenshots. :P
Ah LOL, ok. :P Those screenshots reminded me of another issue that the PSDL roads not well made can cause, where he car can stay stuck in middle air. Good that's not so. :wink:
How do you use the animated ocean textures in MM2?
You have to use directly the game texture, called s_ocean-0001.tex. To do this, get the PSDL Viewer program from here (you need the Java 3D for Windows to let it work, search for it). Extract both the files in the archive where you want and run the program double clicking on the Viewer.jar file. Now, open the PSDL of your track from the menu File
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:27 pm

I've made the outer part of the island (but no water yet), but I have some problems. When I drive off the road to the outer part of the island, all BAI is not shown, however, if I drive back, I can see it again, but it's reset. This doesn't happen if I drive off the road to the inner part of the island, very wierd.

Also, when I drive off the road near my bridge to the airport, the game crashes! :?

EDIT: Now I've added the ocean (animated texture works :) ) the game crashes when I get on the outer island anywhere!

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:51 pm

8O 8O 8O 8O
Weeeeiiiirrrdddd.....

It doesn't crash anywhere now. I fixed it somehow!
It could be these 2 things that I did:
1. I have added a tisland_fog.csv file with the standard fog colors.
2. I have put MM2CT and all files I worked with on my own PC (it was on network share)

Anyway, it WORKS! :D I am going to add buildings to it now!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Nice to have figured out the problem, sometimes the tries by themself are the ones that solves the problems, and so the best solution. :wink: I think that's due of the second thing, because the presence or absence of the .csv file for the fog is irrelevant for the correct track working, but is always better have it for a complete work.
The game crashes when you drive in a place should always depend by PSDL terrain issues...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

I've encountered another problem.
I have turned off the drive on water mod, but when I drive into the water, the car floats above the water, not in the water!
Any suggestions?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Maybe you need move the water level. Water should be on 1.9 or -1.9 units in Zmod(I don't remember correctly)

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Fixed! Thank you!

PS. Anyone knows a tutorial: how to make a good bridge? My bridge looks like this...

:roll:

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:13 pm

It's O.K but it's hard to make barriers to work

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:18 pm

I have created a new bridge (INST object)! But ( :tongue: ) more problems.

1. The texture doesn't show up. You only see cloud shadows and the color of the concrete material. Should I use UV mapping? If so, how does that work in ZModeler?

2. The bound does not work. I can just drive through it:

3. It is only visible when you are very close (now i'm not):

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm

Your first bridge wasn't so bad, especially considering that you've made it all in PSDL. Not bad the new bridge barriers.
The problems with the textures are indeed related with the no texture mapping on the object; all the PKG objects, both if added through INST or as PROPS through the .pathset file, must be mapped correctly as you want, the texture mapping won't work like for the PSDL terrain blocks. Check this part of that tutorial to have an idea on how works the UV mapping in ZModeler, it becomes simple at the end.
The issue of the visibility is given because of the absence of the other LOD objects, made for the object quality and visibility in the various distances. When you import the .3ds file of the track in MM2 City Toolkit, click on the Simple/Advanced Mode button and check the option Additional bodies, so after the city creating all the generated .pkg files will have all the LOD objects (they're four and called H, M, L and VL).
The problem with the no BOUND or is given by the not presence of the .bnd file, or by a wrong assignation to the PSDL terrain block under it. The first case probably is wrong, because MM2 City Toolkit always created the BOUND file for all the objects that will be added through INST (it's needed a copy of them with a proper name only in the case of the PROPS, because their bounding is differently set since they can be moved/broken). Sure is because of the second case, so in MM2 City Toolkit open the city and load all the PKG objects placed through INST, select the bridge object and from the options on the bottom part of the program window change the PSDL block assignation, or click on the Auto button (maybe it has to be assigned to the water PSDL terrain block, the one under the bridge); you would need to do various checking in-game until you won't get the bounding to work. This problem causes also objects visibility issues like yours.

About the water, essentially it depends by the property of "deepwater" assigned to the game ocean texture through the materials.csv file, is that what let do to the car the splashing effect. Usually the .water file has to be present and without value changes, probably because the water have to be always placed with an Y height of 0.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:17 am

The texture and visibility work now!
But bound problem is still not solved, no matter what block it is assigned to.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Maybe that's given because the PKG object of the bridge is over more than one PSDL terrain block, as looking from the screenshots, and since it can be assigned to only one block results that's always not working. :roll: I guess that's all ok with the .bnd file of that object, but check if there's the file in the Bound folder and check the object in ZModeler importing the .pkg file of the bridge.
I guess that you haven't renamed the .pkg file and then re-added it in the track, but in case you've done this you have to rename the .bnd file of the respective .pkg file in the same way too.

Edit: you can also try to do this. In MM2 City Toolkit, load the city and all its parts, then in the Inst tab, right click on the bridge object, select Add new (use position of selected object) and select the bridge .pkg file. Now you've added a copy of the same object in the same position with the block automatically assigned, now delete the other one right clicking on it in the list and selecting Delete. Do File

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:34 pm

I think I have to start all over again. The objects list is completely messed up, I get the perimeters error again, the game crashes, etc etc etc. I will try again, but first, I am going to play games on my new GameCube. :wink: