religion

do you believe?if yes,which one?if not i won't be angry

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Deanna_Troi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:41 am

I was raised Christian by my parents. Religion did not help me and, although I guess can't blame it directly--I have always had some problems--I want to say that it only caused pain, anxiety, worry, etc. I worried a lot about burning in hell forever. For me, religion really only made things worse. Once again though, I probably can't really blame religion, even though I want to. I can't blame church either really, or my parents. I can blame my sister though.

Obviously she was raised Christian too, and still is. She took things way too seriously. And she apparently tried to be a mom to me (even though I already had a mom! :roll:). I guess she thought she should kind of look out for me and help me since she was older than me (by 4 years). She was all over me until I turned 16. She would always want to know about the games I played, music I listened to, etc. She was so nosy. But she just made me worry even more and made me feel guilty about things--I threw away videos games because I was worried that playing them would result in me going to hell.

Once I turned 14 I finally started using my brain and started thinking about things. At first, the only reason I wanted to abandon religion was because the life that I want to live doesn't seem like the kind of life that the bible would want me to live. But I also started reading other peoples opinions and basically learning more about religion, possible contradictions in holy books, etc, all those kind of things, and decided that it simply was not believable. I've found the more you learn about religion, the more false it appears, etc. So I am no longer religious.
I really agree with you there, and for me, it is also why me and my mother are now living a poverty life, and ever since my mother went to jail for DWI, we were poor ever since, and without hope or any chance of recovery. So in all fairness, I'll say the same as you are as well, problably the more reason why I hesitated to even do the things I liked to do, even makin friends fore me was a problem, I was often shy and worried that they might turn their backs on me, so to speak.

Sorry if I brought that up guys, but I thought I would see just how I suffered and became poor as a result of being religious, which only recently, I now found out that it is a false statement, that could never have happen.

And I also agree with HummersRock with the rest of his saying, I had no choice but to say the same as well.
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:09 pm

I follow my religion without causing any problem to my life (what can do 30min per day ?)IMO

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:22 pm

I am atheist now. I used to be christan, but not anymore. The only thing that could point to even the possibility of any god is in a holy book, which usually contain false, or even self-contradicting information. I came to the conclusion that religion is simply not true.
Same. Who believes things that don't exist

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 pm

There is a classic example given to atheists.

Suppose you are walking in the desert and you find a watch in the sand. What do you think? Probably it was made by someone. In fact, no sensible person would say the watch was made by a sequence of random events over millions of years, right? That iron came out of the ground and molded into gears, dials and back cover and leather came from somewhere else and attached to the main piece to form the wrist band...etc....etc to form the watch. Nobody says that right? Why? Because the watch is a complex machine which requires intelligent thinking and plans behind it. So what about the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, the universe?....all these systems are much more complicated than a simple watch. How is it possible they were created without intelligence and a plan?

I believe in one god, Allah. He has no partners, no parents or children. Allah created this universe, everything in it and everything outside it, everything we see, everything we dont see. It is a mistake to say "I dont believe in things I dont see." We dont see oxygen, bluetooth transfer mechanism, China, Italy, Belgium or other countries. But we believe these things, because there are signs, evidences, and proofs of those things. So Allah has also left His signs and evidences in his creations so we can recognize Him.

Why doesnt Allah just show Himself so we can all believe? This life on earth is a test. Who will find Allah and who will not. Who will do good deeds and who will follow their own desires.

For this, Allah sent many messengers to guide the people to Allah (some famous ones are Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad) and show us how to do good and stay away from evil. These were exceptional characters who did only good. They did not cheat, lie or even ask money from the people. Their only concern was how to save the people from fire of Hell and they sacrificed a lot for this cause.

Those who pass this test will be rewarded immensely in the next life (and also in this earth). Those who fail will earn eternal misery.

The choice is yours. ;)

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm still atheist. :P

About your complexity of the universe, science has explained it. They have come up with the big bang theory, meteors crashing together to form earth, etc. And although some of that does seem extreme, there is proof of it. However, with religion, there is just the a book, and your feeling that something is there.

And about saying it is a mistake to say you dont believe in something you dont see, comparing it to oxygen, really isn't the best example. You can feel oxygen physically, right? You only feel god mentally, which could just as easily be your own imagination. I'd like to know what the signs of Allah are, besides the holy book, and your own mental feeling that he is there. Could you state any physical signs?

And it is possible that this life is a test. But if it is, then we are expected to blindly follow one of the thousands of religions? In a hope that one of them will get us eternal afterlife? Religion would be alot more believable if there was one worldwide religion, without any cults or sects.

And about the people such as Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc.. how do you know they were sent by god, and not just comming up with things that sounded real to them? People 2000+ years ago thought that the world was flat, that everything revolved around it... so I'm sure the idea of a supreme god was easy to accept.

I'm not insulting your religion Silent, I am just expressing my side to what you are saying. In fact, I respect your choices, if it makes you happy. :)

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Actually Jesus was existing and living, but he never did things like watermod on Red Sea or turning water into Alcohol :wink:

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:40 pm

LOL WATERMOD SAJMON!!! Yeah it's people who say things like Silent that make me go "okay, there ain't a god". Because there are Thousands of species that we examine where we can actually see it form and grow, so that example of yours is kinda out the window...

stefan188
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Postby stefan188 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 pm

moslim is a nice religion,i often compare to christian religion and some thing have the same meaning here.like you have the koran,we have the bible,we have a god,you have allah.
There is a classic example given to atheists.

Suppose you are walking in the desert and you find a watch in the sand. What do you think? Probably it was made by someone. In fact, no sensible person would say the watch was made by a sequence of random events over millions of years, right? That iron came out of the ground and molded into gears, dials and back cover and leather came from somewhere else and attached to the main piece to form the wrist band...etc....etc to form the watch. Nobody says that right? Why? Because the watch is a complex machine which requires intelligent thinking and plans behind it. So what about the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, the universe?....all these systems are much more complicated than a simple watch. How is it possible they were created without intelligence and a plan?

I believe in one god, Allah. He has no partners, no parents or children. Allah created this universe, everything in it and everything outside it, everything we see, everything we dont see. It is a mistake to say "I dont believe in things I dont see." We dont see oxygen, bluetooth transfer mechanism, China, Italy, Belgium or other countries. But we believe these things, because there are signs, evidences, and proofs of those things. So Allah has also left His signs and evidences in his creations so we can recognize Him.

Why doesnt Allah just show Himself so we can all believe? This life on earth is a test. Who will find Allah and who will not. Who will do good deeds and who will follow their own desires.

For this, Allah sent many messengers to guide the people to Allah (some famous ones are Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jesus, Muhammad) and show us how to do good and stay away from evil. These were exceptional characters who did only good. They did not cheat, lie or even ask money from the people. Their only concern was how to save the people from fire of Hell and they sacrificed a lot for this cause.

Those who pass this test will be rewarded immensely in the next life (and also in this earth). Those who fail will earn eternal misery.

The choice is yours. ;)

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dageek » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 pm

IMO religion is just a bureaucratic version of a philosophy. Jesus was basically saying that you should not be evil and do good things. Religion just expounds on that and gives you incentive to do good by saying, "If you do good you will be happy forever, if you do bad you will go to hell."
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 am

Okay having an almighty being is one thing, but heaven and hell? That's getting silly IMO.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 am

Everyone has a sin, so everyone goes to hell. But he forgives, so who goes to hell then? Don't get it either. To some it's a bit comforting to have someone here, and talk to about their problems. I honestly and don't know if anyone gets it, how was the world really made by someone. Who even knows how the first people/creatures came, and another thing, I don't really study religion, but if jesus came later before the first humans were made, then how did he make this? Or did god just randomly put him there?

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Do you see your Mind ? I guess not so you must be crazy ...
If you believe on Big Bang Tgheory ,do you really think that created all this complicated universe alone ? (and It was written in Coran ,Thousand of years before scientists found it

You don't know how much scietific proof has been cleared in Coran Do a search you'll find

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Triple_X » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

my Religion is Muslim and i believe in one god and that's Allah

i totally agree with you silent ;)

@zac :in the holy books it says that Adam and Eva talked with angels and the angels were the one that execute the order of god to punish them for eating the EDEN and jesus wasn't the son of god , cuz god doesn't have a son and there isn't anything that can be compared with the god he's one and only .
jesus was just a messenger just like muhammad and all the others .

and all the messengers were born by virgin females .

and to all you that don't trust god i accept your opinion but just think , science it is able to study Mars but still no one can tell how does a piece of meat can make our body work , and a super highly complicated system like our body that makes all those processes per minute can't be made by itself , it can only be made by superior force like god .

P.S. if you turn EDEN in binary code will show 20 zeros and 12 number one so ... 2012 and in some old calendar i am not sure what was his name the days were written with 0 and months with 1 and the year was 1 0 so translating it shows this 20th of December 2012 :scratchchin:

and it is ironically how even atheist say oh my god in some cases :)
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Okay let's try this, since you guys are muslim, answer this: If you love your "Allah" so much and he loves you back even more, then why are islamic states all over the world in times of death and destruction? (i.e. Pakistan, Indonesia, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc...) And don't even say it's a test of faith, because they DIE.

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Triple_X » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 pm

it's not the god who makes people do bad things it is the other one (if you know for who i'm talking ) and yeah those guys have some mental problems :lol:
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]