Is MM2 dead?

Has it finally faded out?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:14 am

I agree with Franch, there aren't too many things to be done in MM2. One of the major mods, MM2 Revisited, seems to have reached a peak point with version 5, as there aren't many things to improve on it.

I think that the goal for many years in the MM community was to get Chicago into MM2, and since that became a reality, the question is what to do next. The city is still not perfect, and there are bugs to be corrected, but the main work was already done by SuperSecret.

Now, if we could somehow get our hands on the source code of MM1 or MM2, it would start a revolution on the community, or at least that's what I think.

But again, never say never. Another long-term goal could be getting SF or London into MM1, or doing something related with MM3, a game pretty much ignored by the community.
MM3? It is not at all for PC. It's for Xbox, in consoles mods can't be made, can they?
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:06 am

.BND, the things that the VCK can generate .-.

BOUNDs...
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Al lot has been done in squeezing MM2 to find and get new things in these years, especially in the last 4. The sensation is that there's nothing else to do now, but never say never. Wishes are still a 32 bit colors graphic and increase a lot the limits to avoid the "Heap Overrun" error. The problem is that someone still has to do coding researches...
This is exactly will make mm2 alive and i think there are many people want mm2 with better graphics and modern options.

@Aaron: I hope you find something make mm2 better with coding and increase the limit of Heap Overrun.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Jimmy89 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Thinking about what is left to be done for MM2...well isn't there the SF Bay Area extension?

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Diatosta » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 pm

There is, and some progress was already made. Theres already some roads layed out behind the Golden Gate Bridge. The only thing here is if they want to finish it (which would be gladly appreciated, but people have lives), or release it as is. Still better than nothing, and it's possible that someone might pick it up and finish the project, if the files are left unlocked
*wink* DB *wink* ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby COOLGUY200 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:41 pm

:chillar: Agggh. This and automated cars, and electric cars all make me sad!
I agree with Franch, there aren't too many things to be done in MM2. One of the major mods, MM2 Revisited, seems to have reached a peak point with version 5, as there aren't many things to improve on it.

I think that the goal for many years in the MM community was to get Chicago into MM2, and since that became a reality, the question is what to do next. The city is still not perfect, and there are bugs to be corrected, but the main work was already done by SuperSecret.

Now, if we could somehow get our hands on the source code of MM1 or MM2, it would start a revolution on the community, or at least that's what I think.

But again, never say never. Another long-term goal could be getting SF or London into MM1, or doing something related with MM3, a game pretty much ignored by the community.
MM3? It is not at all for PC. It's for Xbox, in consoles mods can't be made, can they?
What about an emulator for Xbox? You could then convert files too if it's possible.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zoot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:03 pm

Does not work on any emulator. Dummiesboy and I gave it vigorous testing a few years back.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:56 am

Would it be possible to make it work with an emulator through coding, etc?
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:43 am

Would it be possible to make it work with an emulator through coding, etc?
Not worth it anyway. I played MM3 quite a bit several years ago, and I never liked it much. MM1 and 2 are the definitive versions of the game... MM3 is just a dumbed down child's game.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:43 pm

A bug is there in RV5 and I can tell you all that why DB stopped RV. It is that when I come back from Bay Bridge in SF the vehicle can't go back from the tunnel. I told DB about the bug and got the reason that he has stopped work on RV mods because of that bug. Just to tell..

P.S. - And what about MM1?

LOL yes DB MM3 looks nothing like the original MMs and looks more like GTA. I think because the studio changed..
-Seahawk

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 pm

A bug is there in RV5 and I can tell you all that why DB stopped RV. It is that when I come back from Bay Bridge in SF the vehicle can't go back from the tunnel. I told DB about the bug and got the reason that he has stopped work on RV mods because of that bug. Just to tell..

Yes, flawless logic. Of course the reason I stopped working on that mod was because of a bug in a feature I haven't even supported since RV4. You deserve a trophy.

Last edited by dummiesboy on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby e-cobra » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Congratulations Seahawk! You just solved a mystery that haunted us for years. :P
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 pm

...... Troll all troll....
EDIT: -_- No activity for a whole day....
-Seahawk