NFS Criterion Project Revealed - NFS: Hot Pursuit!

<t>Glad to see that Need for speed comes back from where it starts?</t>

Yes
91%
No
4%
not sure
4%

Total votes: 23
Revan174
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Revan174 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I got it this Saturday for my PC, and I'm surprised that it runs fairly well on my aging Pentium 4 (I'm hopefully going to get a totally new computer this holiday season, with a proper Core 2 Duo and more memory). Gameplay is good, and the online component/Autolog is also well done.

It's not a complete return to NFS's roots, but it's a step in the right direction. I totally recommend it.

(PS: Add me on Autolog if you play on PC, my username's ccxrevan and I want some competition :) )
[img]https://imageshack.us/m/859/8711/tducgt3rs40sigwithborde.jpg[/img]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 pm

It's a great game, I enjoyed playing for a very long time on my PC and I still do. But there are things, which annoy me a bit like:

- missing siren light glow effects
- missing AA option
- missing rain and snow
- problems of the responsivness of my controller (RumblePad 2)
- some other minor problems

EA and Criterion don't even react on the comlainings of the community, they just recently released a timesaver DLC pack for racers and cops and then a SCPD rebel pack DLC, which adds some racer cars which were previously available only for the cops, like Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Coup

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:46 am

[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:31 am

- missing siren light glow effects
- missing rain and snow

response from the developers when there are still people who can't even start the game because they have a Quad Core CPU.
Wait, what?
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, that's the main issue many people have, but not all. I didn't have this problem for example. But there are great news!

PC-Patch is coming in the beginning of the next week!!!

Fixes:
- Multi-Core CPUs: We've now located and fixed the problem that players were reporting where the game would crash on Car Select, Map Screen, Loading screen or just at the start of an event. Interestingly we're actually intrigued that the game works at all after our investigations with the problem actually manifesting itself in code that we shipped as part of Burnout Paradise.
- Missing Rain / Snow and Corona effects: This have been fixed
- CL Eye Driver crashing the game on startup: Fixed.
- Corrupted Dreamshots in non 16:9 aspect ratios: Fixed.
- We've also added D-BOX motion chair support.
I'm so looking forward to it! Hope you do, too. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I've read about the incoming patch yesterday. Good that it'll be, fixing that bad quad core CPUs related problem, but still nothing about the missing AA. Good for the rain and snow effects adding.
About the two DLCs, available only for PS3 and Xbox 360 and not for free, the first one about the unlocking of everything of the game is useless, better complete the game unlocking the cars and races by themself... the second one is very nice instead, adding 7 new cars to the Racer category that were available only for the Police one; the cars are [url=https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0339_n.jpg]Aston Martin DBS Coup
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Criterion has done a nice job but it's getting similar to Burnout especially in accidents : you lose many seconds watching that
The only way to arrest someone is to destroy his car. Completely unrealistic, It's impossible to pick the car like previous NFS

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:16 pm

IMO Actually this game is worse than original 1998 Hot Pursuit

mm2star
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Postby mm2star » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Are you insane Saj? This game is awesome. It isn't that bad. Just a little bugs. A new patch is releasing next week.
[img]https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/mm2star/Ford2.jpg[/img]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Few bugs? NFS3 had none I think, also had dashes, split screen mode on PC, you didn't needed nitrous to win a race, you didn't needed to drift on every turn, as cop you didn't needed to trash opponent cars to stop them.

If want have all NFS HP3 things, just go to shop and buy the awesome Burnout game, even better than newest NFS

mm2star
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Postby mm2star » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Oh you're right. NFS3 even had working blinkers.
[img]https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/mm2star/Ford2.jpg[/img]

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I do agree with Saj. I have the new Hot Pursuit, but I wasn`t really surprised from it. Autolog, Nitrous, Poorly done menu, bugs, stupid/cheater AI opponents, worse handbrake are just the things, ruined EA`s newest NFS title.
Yeah, NFS3 and NFS: HS in particular had glitches, but(!):
- Nitrous isn`t needed to win race. Here your driving skills are that you`ll need to win.
- As cop in High Stakes was really awesome. Making roadblocks, spike strips, changing your cop car with another, picking up car to follow you, etc., were just what High Stakes had, but Hot Pursuit doesn`t.
- Single Race, where the hell it had gone? Same as Quick Race.
- Split Screen, formely gone with from Porsche Unleashed/2000 here it doesn`t exist, too. Very bad, super slick.

But not everything has gone; if you still have copy of NFS3/High Stakes up and running, you may enjoy it forever 8)

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes, but I don't remember working blinkers in NFS3 or NFS4, also NFSHP3 hasn't got horns
- As cop in High Stakes was really awesome. Making roadblocks, spike strips, changing your cop car with another, picking up car to follow you, etc., were just what High Stakes had, but Hot Pursuit doesn`t.
In NFS3 you couldn't change with other cops, I'm happy that I still have my CD and can enjoy true racing game.

Sad they also again made cars self turn on straight roads like in NFS Shift

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Agree with Sajmon, this new Hot Pursuit has many things missing from NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and more from NFS3. But anyway, is what racing games like this generally have nowadays.
The dashboard views is only for more simulative circuit racing games, like the nitro is only for arcade racing games like the NFS series. NFS3 has also many more info about its cars, and it had cars like the concept ones. Many modern racing games haven't anymore the split screen gameplay mode with two or four players; the game Blur is an exception. Would be nice have working blinkers, I remember them in NFS Porsche Unleashed only, though; the same is or the horns maybe. As last, as policeman, not really good stop the racer cars only hitting them or using the weapons, as Wilder means.

About the 1 million of visits challenge, it ends on 12th of December, and not until the end of the year. So, there's less time, but let's hope that the goal will be reached, and of course let's hope for the PC release of this DLC, because at the end, almost all the video visits comes from PC users...
About the patch, it's already available. :wink: Get it from official website here; very nice the effects that it adds and improves.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:56 pm

I hope it fixes this, or it's fault of my old pc