religion

do you believe?if yes,which one?if not i won't be angry

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:01 pm

it's not the god who makes people do bad things it is the other one (if you know for who i'm talking ) and yeah those guys have some mental problems :lol:
Are you including natural disasters like earthquakes and floods as not part of god's will? Then if he cared about his people, why doesn't he stop these things from happening?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Testing their faith I guess.

Honestly, sometimes I think that very few people, and very few religious people, would actually be allowed into heaven. Hell must be very, very huge.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Testing their faith I guess.
And don't even say it's a test of faith, because they DIE.
:roll: It just can't make sense. Just like religion.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah it doesn't really make sense.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Guys, cool it. To atheists, religion seems stupid. To the religious, atheism seems stupid. It's all based on how you are raised by your family, and your environment. There is no need to say:
Do you see your Mind ? I guess not so you must be crazy ...
:roll: It just can't make sense. Just like religion.
Or to state silly little things, like:
it is ironically how even atheist say oh my god in some cases :)
All it does is anger some people, and the last thing this topic needs is a fight. It's ok to state what you believe, but try to keep other people's beliefs in perspective too, and don't discriminate them with it.

I know I'm not a moderator, but on this track, the topic will just be locked. It's a good topic too, because it is a good way to get to know each other better. Let's keep this mature, and treat other people's beliefs with respect. :)

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 pm

stefan started it, lol. (literally)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:36 pm

stefan started it, lol. (literally)
We are past 2nd grade, right? "He started it!!" is gonna get us nowhere. If someone is causing a problem, just ignore them. Dont waste your time with it, and just continue with the topic. :wink:

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I have answers to most of your questions, but I wonder if you'll just use them to argue furthermore. If thats the case, there is no benefit in continuing this topic.

You can have questions, thats fine. But please, no angry or debating tones. All I want is a nice, peaceful discussion between open-minded people.

And before I answer anything, I'd like to point out some observations. I noticed that most atheists are ex-Chrsitians. Consider that maybe the reason you leave religion is because the premises you start with are.....confusing/contradictory or incomplete/insufficient. I.E. your religion is not sustainable with time/space because it was man-made. Try another religion before totally dismissing the idea of a creator of the universe.

The other thing is, why do you think science and religion are enemies of each other? Holy Quran gives us many scientific facts, and thats a miracle/proof in itself because who else could describe correctly the worldy phenomena 1400 years ago, especially when these things are being confirmed in recent times with help of science and technology?

Thats all for now.

EDIT: I like the way DB talks, so I'll answer his questions first.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I have answers to most of your questions, but I wonder if you'll just use them to argue furthermore. If thats the case, there is no benefit in continuing this topic.
It's called a friendly discussion, lol.
You can have questions, thats fine. But please, no angry or debating tones. All I want is a nice, peaceful discussion between open-minded people.
That's why I don't like to talk about religion, especially with muslims, christians and jews -- They just get angry and then you end up not being friends :roll:
And before I answer anything, I'd like to point out some observations. I noticed that most atheists are ex-Chrsitians. Consider that maybe the reason you leave religion is because the premises you start with are.....confusing/contradictory or incomplete/insufficient. I.E. your religion is not sustainable with time/space because it was man-made. Try another religion before totally dismissing the idea of a creator of the universe.
Irrelevant. People who go from religion to atheism or become agnostic are those who are rational by not believing in something they can't atleast see or communicate with. So the way I see it, christians are rational...?
The other thing is, why do you think science and religion are enemies of each other? Holy Quran gives us many scientific facts, and thats a miracle/proof in itself because who else could describe correctly the worldy phenomena 1400 years ago, especially when these things are being confirmed in recent times with help of science and technology?
science and religion are enemies because scientists prove religious freaks wrong. (i.e. the iranian cleric who said earthquakes come from scandally clad women)

I'm not angry. Are you?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 pm

I'd like to know of any prophecies that could, in now way, be predicted beforehand, exist. For example, if the Quran says something like "On the first day of the first month of the 2010th year, the pillars of the world will shake, and the western part of the new world will be lost to sea." And if on 1/01/2010, there was a huge earthquake that sent California to the bottom of the ocean, I would convert on the spot.
This prophecy can not be staged afterward either. For example, "The jews will return to their homeland." This could easily be done by the jews.
Could you name one thing like this that has been mentioned in the Quran?

EDIT: Stan, that isn't much of a friendly conversation. Silent is wanting a mature conversation, why not give him one?

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

EDIT: Stan, that isn't much of a friendly conversation. Silent is wanting a mature conversation, why not give him one?
Oh but there is a difference. Silent's a good guy, but Anjem Choudary for example, is a religious freak.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Yes, there are some out there. Just like there are mad scientists. But what I am trying to say is lets leave all of that stuff at the door here. Dont get rude with other people because you dont like some religious people. Silent is wanting a legit discussion here, not to be told that religious people get angry with us for asking about their religion...

But anyway silent, I am still curious for an answer to my question. :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Do you see your Mind ? I guess not so you must be crazy ...
If you believe on Big Bang Tgheory ,do you really think that created all this complicated universe alone ? (and It was written in Coran ,Thousand of years before scientists found it

You don't know how much scietific proof has been cleared in Coran Do a search you'll find
I see you standing for your religion, but no need for all that. :P If there were first people, why was there other creatures before? If I was Muslim, I would atleast know how to spell my holy book right.. LOL. Also, if I don't believe in your religion, I don't think I would go searching in something I don't believe.

This isn't a bad topic to me, it's nice to discuss beliefs.. Well I guess. :P

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 am

I was born a Christian but I consider myself an Agnostic...I do believe there is a higher being because my mom is still with me after having 3 possibly life-threatening surgeries, but I do not believe that He created the universe with the snap of His fingers...yeah...
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:51 am

I was born a Christian but I consider myself an Agnostic...I do believe there is a higher being because my mom is still with me after having 3 possibly life-threatening surgeries, but I do not believe that He created the universe with the snap of His fingers...yeah...
Science saved your mom. Care to argue? :D