religion

do you believe?if yes,which one?if not i won't be angry

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:21 am

No, seriously, she met her current boyfriend when she was at the hospital pretty much wanting to die...
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 am

It's very nice that she survived, but you cant really say that a god saved her. Maybe the doctors just did their jobs right.. :wink:

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 am

It's very nice that she survived, but you cant really say that a god saved her. Maybe the doctors just did their jobs right.. :wink:
+1.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:29 am

+1.
+2.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 am

LOL you guys don't even know the whole story but w/e
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]

[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 am

Maybe you could tell it? Can't make accurate conclusions if you don't tell the whole story.. :wink:

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:35 am

I shouldn't have to go into this, I gave you my reason why I am who I am and that's all you need to know. This is not up for discussion, and I know someone is hungry to go proving someone else wrong.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:05 am

Allah does everything. No one else or nothing else has power to do anything, except by Allah's permission. Allah works in mysterious ways. Sometimes He uses visible means (doctors, science, tech...etc), sometimes He does without the means and sometimes He goes against the means (the latter two are referred to as miracles...until science has an explanation for them and becomes common sense).

This leads to my next point on where I stand between science and religion. Religion provides reasons or justifies what happens in the world, while science explains those events. In other words, religion answers the question "Why?" (Answer is always the same: It is the order/will of Allah...so that is why it happens) and science answers the question "How?" (through detailed descriptions of the materials and processes). They are complimentary to each other.

And the thing about science is that it is up-to-date. UP-TO-DATE! It is always improving, but its never complete. Science is the study of the world around us right? Then it is only as good as the observer and his instruments.

It was science that said the earth was flat 1000+ years ago (because the best tools available that time were the naked eye, maybe monoculars or binoculars too and limited knowledge of observers). Then science updated that claim later saying earth is a sphere. Now they say its a geoid. What will the earth be tomorrow? Science doesnt know yet.

Religion (Islam) on the other hand, is complete (clearly stated in Holy Quran, which is also a complete book). So whatever advice or information is in it, is beneficial/relevant for all times, whether science can explain it or not.

I'm going off-topic, so let me quickly address DB's earlier questions...

Big Bang theory is the biggest proof from science that there is of a creator of the universe. Before that, atheist scientists tried to suggest a "static model" of the universe which implied the universe had no beginning or end and that it was always there for eternity. Science was updated with solid proof that the universe is actually expanding and therefore at some earlier time, the universe came from a point of zero volume and infinite density (i.e. nothing --> explosion --> universe). More info here.

What are physical signs of Allah? I already said you cant see Him in this world. I expected you to know that I also meant you wont hear, taste, touch or smell Him. How else to know Him? Through logic, reasoning, science, and divine revelation. Many signs of Allah through all those sources here.

You want prophecies from Quran? There are some in the previous link. But many more detailed prophecies are made by our prophet (pbuh). I'm trying to find the place that has it all. For now here are a few. Off the top of my head though, and because you wanna hear some crazy stuff.... "The Dajjal (great imposter/liar) will appear before end times.....he will have reddish-orange curly hair, one eye disfigured.....will be very popular leader, charismatic.....will perform miracles.....will claim to be prophet......then claim to be God.....some other events......then later be killed by real Jesus....."

EDIT: More listed here and here, again not full or comprehensive list.

Also, about so many religions make it hard to believe in them, muslims believe that Islam was the only religion to ever come. Groups deviated to form Jews, Christians, Hindus, and even many other muslim sects (ex. Shiites). According to our sources, Adam, Moses, Jesus, Abraham and others came and said a final messenger will come (Muhammad). When Muhammad (pbuh) came, he confirmed previous prophets' statements (all were messengers of Allah). Think about it, different people coming hundreds of years apart with same message and confirming each other.....they must be from one source (Allah). Every other religion has stand-alone characters....i.e. only Jesus or only Moses...etc and reject other prophets.

Anyway, this is all that I believe. I have no power to guide you with my efforts. I can only try my best and ask Allah to guide us all, because He is the only one capable of guiding. Ameen.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Sido » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Allah does everything. No one else or nothing else has power to do anything, except by Allah's permission. Allah works in mysterious ways. Sometimes He uses visible means (doctors, science, tech...etc), sometimes He does without the means and sometimes He goes against the means (the latter two are referred to as miracles...until science has an explanation for them and becomes common sense).

This leads to my next point on where I stand between science and religion. Religion provides reasons or justifies what happens in the world, while science explains those events. In other words, religion answers the question "Why?" (Answer is always the same: It is the order/will of Allah...so that is why it happens) and science answers the question "How?" (through detailed descriptions of the materials and processes). They are complimentary to each other.

And the thing about science is that it is up-to-date. UP-TO-DATE! It is always improving, but its never complete. Science is the study of the world around us right? Then it is only as good as the observer and his instruments.

It was science that said the earth was flat 1000+ years ago (because the best tools available that time were the naked eye, maybe monoculars or binoculars too and limited knowledge of observers). Then science updated that claim later saying earth is a sphere. Now they say its a geoid. What will the earth be tomorrow? Science doesnt know yet.

Religion (Islam) on the other hand, is complete (clearly stated in Holy Quran, which is also a complete book). So whatever advice or information is in it, is beneficial/relevant for all times, whether science can explain it or not.

I'm going off-topic, so let me quickly address DB's earlier questions...

Big Bang theory is the biggest proof from science that there is of a creator of the universe. Before that, atheist scientists tried to suggest a "static model" of the universe which implied the universe had no beginning or end and that it was always there for eternity. Science was updated with solid proof that the universe is actually expanding and therefore at some earlier time, the universe came from a point of zero volume and infinite density (i.e. nothing --> explosion --> universe). More info here.

What are physical signs of Allah? I already said you cant see Him in this world. I expected you to know that I also meant you wont hear, taste, touch or smell Him. How else to know Him? Through logic, reasoning, science, and divine revelation. Many signs of Allah through all those sources here.

You want prophecies from Quran? There are some in the previous link. But many more detailed prophecies are made by our prophet (pbuh). I'm trying to find the place that has it all. For now here are a few. Off the top of my head though, and because you wanna hear some crazy stuff.... "The Dajjal (great imposter/liar) will appear before end times.....he will have reddish-orange curly hair, one eye disfigured.....will be very popular leader, charismatic.....will perform miracles.....will claim to be prophet......then claim to be God.....some other events......then later be killed by real Jesus....."

EDIT: More listed here and here, again not full or comprehensive list.

Also, about so many religions make it hard to believe in them, muslims believe that Islam was the only religion to ever come. Groups deviated to form Jews, Christians, Hindus, and even many other muslim sects (ex. Shiites). According to our sources, Adam, Moses, Jesus, Abraham and others came and said a final messenger will come (Muhammad). When Muhammad (pbuh) came, he confirmed previous prophets' statements (all were messengers of Allah). Think about it, different people coming hundreds of years apart with same message and confirming each other.....they must be from one source (Allah). Every other religion has stand-alone characters....i.e. only Jesus or only Moses...etc and reject other prophets.

Anyway, this is all that I believe. I have no power to guide you with my efforts. I can only try my best and ask Allah to guide us all, because He is the only one capable of guiding. Ameen.
completly agreed with you silent and your other posts i am muslim too and ameen
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Well said Silent
If you're saying that Religion and Science doesn't match ,You're wrong
I dunno why but many abandon their religion because they are not/
dont have what they want ( you already have life/health)
It's just pain , you think you will have all what you want because you follow the religion
Don't be so claimant at the end

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:24 pm

These are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read lol. It surprizes me that someone intelligent as you could say something like that with a straight face.
So for example, that big south asian tsunami a few years ago was god's will? He was willing for 200k+ people to die that day? Then god Sucks.
Science is always improving yes, and there may be much to discover, yes. What's your point? Does this not benefit everyone around the world for science to improve? You know what should improve? Religion.
It was science that said the earth was flat 1000+ years ago (because the best tools available that time were the naked eye, maybe monoculars or binoculars too and limited knowledge of observers). Then science updated that claim later saying earth is a sphere. Now they say its a geoid. What will the earth be tomorrow? Science doesnt know yet. Religion (Islam) on the other hand, is complete (clearly stated in Holy Quran, which is also a complete book). So whatever advice or information is in it, is beneficial/relevant for all times, whether science can explain it or not.
Actually, science didn't. A number of people from ancient and the classical period believed in it. Know why? They were simply being resonable by basing their facts on only what they could see. Like you said, science is improving, and it did improve enough so that we were able to head to outer space and confirm that it is infact round. So I guess the improving science is telling us more than "completed" religion, huh?
I'm glad you decided to talk about the physical signs of god, except this is where you are supposed to say: There are none. Through logic, reasoning and science you are able to conclude there isn't a god, devil, heaven or hell.
First of all, Christianity began before islam (don't know about the others), second if even if those people you call "prophets" existed, how the hell can you believe that they are messengers from god? How do you know they aren't mental patients? (if they even existed), because hundreds around the world even today claim to be messengers from god, and you don't believe them right, you think they're crazy.

EDIT: P.S. I just heard about what Al Qaeda plans for Europe, they definitely believe what they are doing is god's will. I really hope you're not the type of person that will justify their actions.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:49 pm

I honestly agree with stan here. I'm sorry silent, but the reason I became atheist is because of people telling me what you posted. It honestly just sounds rediculous to me. Again, I dont mean any disrespect, but I'm not sure how else to word it.. :?

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Don't be stupid , Those Al Quaida are islamist not muslim
In Islam "which mean peace" , war is the latest solution (of self defense or something like that)

If you don't believe on messengers and their existance , how do you believe that romains,greeks ... existed ? This is just History and Islam in not that far (from 600)

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby StanOfGB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Don't be stupid , Those Al Quaida are islamist not muslim
In Islam "which mean peace" , war is the latest solution (of self defense or something like that)

If you don't believe on messengers and their existance , how do you believe that romains,greeks ... existed ? This is just History and Islam in not that far (from 600)
Last time I checked, members of Al qaeda were 100% muslim, but that's not what I meant. whatever.

You guys have the most lopsided comparisons. I could easily say that romans and greeks existed, because they still exist today :roll:
Be specific.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Even if there is a god, he doesn't exactly sound like a nice being. If you don't believe in him and love him and do what he wants, no matter how good of a person you are, he'll send you to hell--from what I've heard. He is in control yet he lets natural disasters occur, or makes them occur, possibly killing people that haven't even had a chance to learn about him and accept him, or who have been fooled into believing the wrong things (I'm they are plenty of people who die who know nothing about religion). If they die then it seems that they go to hell. He supposedly loves all of us more than we can imagine, yet he will send us to hell eternally. He doesn't sound like the kind of person we should be devoting our lives to and loving as much as we can.

Sorry if this offends. :wink:
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]