MM2 in Vista

No sound on in-game menus.

GasMan
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

MM2 in Vista

Postby GasMan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 am

I installed MM2 on my new Windows Vista Home Basic computer and it runs normally when I start it, but then the sound is totally gone at the in-game menus so I want to know if someone knows how to fix the issue. The computer is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo J with 225 GB HB, 2.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 CPU 894 MB RAM ATI Radeon Express 1150 graphics card and an Realtek HD Audio soundcard installed.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:32 pm

Also in my new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium happens the same thing: Read also my topic with a report of my other problems (but this there isn't) here. I believe that depends on this new OS. MM2 is an old game, and it works very good till Windows XP with its patch and with the Nvidia drivers patch (if needed). I've also tryed with the compatibility mode, but nothing. This problem go away when I do any gameplay (and the sounds there are) and when I exit to the game menu the menu sounds there are. Sure Direct Audio starts when you start a gameplay.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Gafaddict » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:29 pm

Well, the answer to your problem is you have Vista. Go back to XP; the cool new start button really isn't worth it.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

thekingoftown
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby thekingoftown » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 am

Well, the answer to your problem is you have Vista. Go back to XP; the cool new start button really isn't worth it.
You can say that again :roll:
Gaa, images don't work here!

Anthony
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Postby Anthony » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:57 pm

I tried win vista ultimate beta till the beta period ended and it worked fine for me coz i never use menu music, it also works fine on xp. The graphics can be sorted by downloading environment mod.
[code:1]<php>[/code:1]
[url=https://madnessred.co.cc/][img]https://madnessred.co.cc/MadnessRedAnthony.png[/img]
[/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 pm

I tried win vista ultimate beta till the beta period ended and it worked fine for me coz i never use menu music, it also works fine on xp. The graphics can be sorted by downloading environment mod.
I've already said that MM2 works fine till Windows XP. In Vista you have no sounds in menu before playing, not only menu music. In Windows Vista I have also some graphic problems, that reguards colors (they are too few, sure for a recent graphic card's drivers) and pedestrians (their animation is strange).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|