Main Menu Tunes?

Nugga117
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Main Menu Tunes?

Postby Nugga117 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:08 am

I've played MM2 and 1 ever since they came out, and I've always enjoyed the music in both games. I got some perfect recordings from the original game, but when I try to record the MM2 Menu theme, it plays differently each time it's booted up, and it is also loaded with pops and clicks, making the quality of the song poor. So, I was wondering, is there a way to extract the Menu theme and convert it into a format readable by common media players? I extracted any files labeled "UI", as this would be the logical assumption for a menu theme, and downloaded the program that would be able to play them, but it didn't work. Links or help would be appreciated.

(If this post is be any means "illegal", please remove. I am only using the music for personal use. I legally own both games.)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi. There are already at least two topics that talk about this. The result is that there's no way to extract the MM2 sounds like audio files. In the mm2aud.ar file (that can be opened with a program called DeAR) there is a folder called "dmusic" with some DirectX files. The game uses a type of files to generate the game musics using a DirectX audio component to make it synchronous with the happenings in the game, like the guitar riff effects and the accelerated music with a cop chasing.
If you try to import them in some audio editor program (like Audacity) the result is really bad. That files seems to be a kind of scores like in MIDI files.
The only rapid solution is to record the game music using the output audio signal uses by speakers into a digital recorder (I'm not sure about this).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Nugga117
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby Nugga117 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:51 am

Meh, oh well, didn't really think there was a way to do it. I did record the menu theme, however it was difficult because:
a) there's no definite "start" or "end" to the song
b) it plays differently each time it's booted up

But thanks for your time! At least I got this cleared up.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:21 pm

That's all! Whenever you start the game the music will start ever in a precise point; also after a gameplay when you quit to the menu the music will start ever at the same point. So, that point is when the menu music starts. The menu music it's no longer than ten seconds. This is what happens to me.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|