Help!!!!!!!!

Water Mod

Willrx7etc
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Help!!!!!!!!

Postby Willrx7etc » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:32 am

I keep reinstalling the drive on water mod whenever it doesn't work, how do you get it to work?
Also when I had the christmas mod and the water in MM2 was frozen I COULD drive on the "water" (Ice). :roll:

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:57 am

Try removing some tracks and mods. One could be the problem.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:18 pm

The Drive on Water Mod seems that give some conflict with some other mods and cities/maps, because it uses a file called materials.cvs that is used in a lot of MM2 add-ons.
The Chistmas Mod 2 besides changing some textures it seems that add also the same file used by the Drive on Water Mod; so this mod comes with it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:49 pm

You may also want to add jump trailers, which also has a water mod that may override your other water stuff(it has tons of !!!).

P.S.: If you have shader mods, delete the fog files for jump trailers.

mm2_pinguin
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Postby mm2_pinguin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:21 am

Madness city 2 disabled the water mod and some other city's
you must rename the watermod.
the normal name: city.ar just rename it to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!city.ar
It works for me!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 pm

Madness city 2 disabled the water mod and some other city's
you must rename the watermod.
the normal name: city.ar just rename it to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!city.ar
It works for me!
Do you want to know why? Because the .ar file of Madness City 2, that has the materials.csv file used by Water Mod, is front the city.ar file in name sort. The game seems that loads the .ar files in a reverse name sort, so if the file Water Mod city.ar file is behind the !mc2 (this is the Madness City 2 .ar file name), the game will reload the materials.csv file in that file, that is different of the Water Mod one. Then if you put a lot of "!" in front the file name (from city.ar to !!!!!!!!!!!!!city.ar), the game will reload the file materials.csv in that .ar archive because it's the first or one of the first .ar files installed in the game directory.

I've already said this concept in other topics, and in my upper post in this topic I've said that the file materials.csv (not .cvs) of the Water Mod can has conflicts because it's overloaded by the same file of other MM2 cities/maps.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Yeah, something you need to get use to is this loading of mm2. I suggest that, in your mm2 folder, you set the order the files to "details". That way you see the files in the order that mm2 loads them.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]