Can't launch game!

I can't launch the game...

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Can't launch game!

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:08 pm

I've suddenly been getting the error message that I would normally get when the game crashed with a faulty car or map. Whenever I try to launch the game, I get the following error messages:

Heap overrun [datCurrentMemoryAllign=4]

And after that...

memMemoryAllocator::FindHeap failed on ptr 264b548

That's the series of messages I get while trying to launch my game. The last setting I changed was changing my video options to hardware only (without T&L) so I could launch New York. Well, the game crashed after I tried launching the map, and I can't any more.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi there, I'm tgp1994, or more commenly known as thegammingperson1994. (Yes, it's purposefully misspelled.) I have to say that midtown madness 2 is a very fun game, and at the same time I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't release the 3rd version f

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:16 pm

MM2 can't read too many .ar files with big size. Remove some add-on car, track and/or mod that you aren't using.
About NYC troubles read this topic. The changed graphic settings can't give this problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 pm

Or just too many AR files. MM2 can only use a ceratin amount of RAM, depending on how much your computer has. It can use about 50 K with a 2 GB RAM.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:22 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, but I can't understand why it won't work now, coincidentally after I changed the graphical settings. Is there any way I can modify a file to change the setting back just in case?
Hi there, I'm tgp1994, or more commenly known as thegammingperson1994. (Yes, it's purposefully misspelled.) I have to say that midtown madness 2 is a very fun game, and at the same time I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't release the 3rd version f

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:24 pm

What mod are you talking about? Mod, Car, or Track. The possible problems are different for all of them.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:25 pm

Or just too many AR files. MM2 can only use a ceratin amount of RAM, depending on how much your computer has. It can use about 50 K with a 2 GB RAM.
I think that many RAM memory with a good graphic card with MM2 are only important to play it with high graphic settings and high polygons cars without increments.
I think that MM2 will crash while first loading because of too .ar files that has a big size, at least 4 MB each (about 20 of them). If you put many .ar files of low polygons and old cars (less than 1 MB each), sure the game will crash after at least 50 of these files. :roll:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Why would you have 50 files? I wouldn'y be able to organize anything that way. :roll:

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:30 pm

I don't have that many .AR files in my folder, but again, I didn't modify anything that could have made it crash repeatedly, except for that graphical setting. As I asked earlier, is there any way to modify the graphical settings in a file?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, but I can't understand why it won't work now, coincidentally after I changed the graphical settings. Is there any way I can modify a file to change the setting back just in case?
Remove some .ar files, this will let you able to launch the game and change the graphic settings. MM2 can't load too .ar files because of game capacities and conflicts between installed .ar files.
I don't have that many .AR files in my folder, but again, I didn't modify anything that could have made it crash repeatedly, except for that graphical setting. As I asked earlier, is there any way to modify the graphical settings in a file?
No, you can't edit a file with all saved settings.

Awalwang, I've done a possible example.

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby awalwang » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I know. I wasn't pointing that remark at anybody, but I do bet there are some out there who use mm2.de-quality cars. :roll: :lol:

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks for your help, guys. I figured the problem out. It wasn't because I had too many, it was because of a conflicting AR file, all of a sudden, eh? And it was: 2004 Renault Karosa CityBus 12M. All of a sudden, that's what's causing the problem? I don't think so. Any explanations?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 pm

I've noticed that the 2004 Renault Karosa CityBus 12m makes enough problems with other cars. I remember that just need to remove that bus .ar file to solve the conflict problem between cars (was impossible to let displayed all cars available in the Vehicle Showcase without a crash).
Ofter the .ar files conflicts are given between them, not because they are too. The problem of too .ar files is given especially while first game loading crash.
Last edited by Franch88 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Ok, well thanks for all of your help everyone.

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:02 am

Ok, I don't think the problem was resolved. Once again, I tried playing New York, but this time I set the hardware settings to software only, which was different from last time's no T&L. New York loaded fine and worked for 5 minutes until it crashed for no reason at all, but I guess you can expect that. However, after trying to run the game again, the EXACT same thing happens. I can't even start it. So what just HAPPENS to be causing a conflict all of a sudden?

tgp1994
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby tgp1994 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:08 am

And this time the supposedly conflicting file goes by the name of !1030_12.

I know it's a car of some sorts, but I think I'm beginning to see a pattern: Whenever MM2 crashes from New York, the corresponding car that was used there becomes the conflicting file. Is that a possibility? I really wish New York would be more compatible.