We need MM4!

Is there a new way to wake up Microsoft?

Toyzidro
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

We need MM4!

Postby Toyzidro » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Dudes, Midtown Madness cannot die!

I was thinking about the non-release of MM3 to PC and the fail of Microsoft in your decision. We need a new part of the serie!

Is there another way to wake up Microsoft to our serie? We need turn back Midtown Madness a famous game like the other acarde-racing games!

Please, leave you opinion!

Thanks and sorry my english

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dageek » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:54 pm

see project prospero @ madness red
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Riva » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Except the fact to contact directly Microsoft, I dunno how we can wake up the editor of this great franchise. It will be amazing to have a new MM for PC but which developer would agree to do it ? Angel Studios was bought by Rockstar Games (GTA series), DICE makes video games firstly for consoles (Battlefield series, Mirror's Edge) and the Midnight Club series is always up to date so ...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:06 pm

If a new Midtown Madness game has to be released, I think that some software house has to buy the name and copyright of this game series from Microsoft. Then, it has to find another software house to develop it. In this way, a new Midtown Madness game can come up with new producer (rights owner) and developer.
Hope in a reply from Microsoft about the release of a new game of this series isn't worth. I remember that there was a petition about the release of MM4...
IMHO Microsoft decided to make Midtown Madness 3 only to sell its Xbox console in the Christmas 2003 period; actually this series is to considerate finished.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:24 am

I thought Midnight Club series was the new continuation of Midtown Madness. They have very similar types of gameplay.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

kylej866
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby kylej866 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:13 am

The first midnight club was very similar to MM2. But the others were not really that closely related. I would like to see another MM4 but at this point it is not likely nor worth the time to get all permissions etc.

Although you could do a player submitted one like project prospero but on a larger scale with more people and higher poly modelers etc. It could work but i don't think there would be enough interest to be able to do such a large project
[url=https://biohazardgaming.net/kylejdesign/][img]https://i50.tinypic.com/bgz8nl.jpg[/img][/url]

96vette
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Postby 96vette » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:56 am

I thought Midnight Club series was the new continuation of Midtown Madness. They have very similar types of gameplay.
Yeah but the game sucked, it had the get the flag or something like that and you could only get it 3 times before the game was over. I still play mm2 through msn messenger with some friends every Friday and Saturday night, we have about 8 people playing.

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:28 pm

...I remember that there was a petition about the release of MM4...
https://www.petitiononline.com/midmad4p/petition.html

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks for the link, probably it's the petiton that I meant. Anyway, it looks useless now. It also says that the letter is to Electronic Arts and DICE, but is Microsoft that has the rights of this game series and of their name...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

CharlieSteal
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: We need MM4!

Postby CharlieSteal » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:25 am

Dudes, Midtown Madness cannot die!

I was thinking about the non-release of MM3 to PC and the fail of Microsoft in your decision. We need a new part of the serie!

Is there another way to wake up Microsoft to our serie? We need turn back Midtown Madness a famous game like the other acarde-racing games!

Please, leave you opinion!

Thanks and sorry my english
Ok i dont think this will help but i sent a begging email to
microsoft to make mm4 lets see what happens ;)

Pravegm007
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Pravegm007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 pm

oh !! before that, we should ask them to make mm3 at least for pc !!!
-Pravegm007

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:27 pm

they doesn't want make MM3 for PC.It's possible to play with it on pc,but it must be converted.

Pravegm007
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Pravegm007 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:32 pm

then someone should convert it
-Pravegm007

CharlieSteal
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby CharlieSteal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Ok my email went through the microsoft and they said they would send it to the apropriate team to review it. We might have a chance!

kylej866
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby kylej866 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Ok my email went through the microsoft and they said they would send it to the apropriate team to review it. We might have a chance!
I like your ambition but you have more of a chance of winning the lottery. Microsoft and the not even existent ant angel studios is not going to make a sequel to a 9 year old game no matter how many fans want it.
[url=https://biohazardgaming.net/kylejdesign/][img]https://i50.tinypic.com/bgz8nl.jpg[/img][/url]