Finally...

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

AR Madness 2

Postby matt1314 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:40 am

Hi everyone.

Since I discovered this feature, I had to know, how it works. Finally I figured out, how to use it. First of all two screens as my proof:

1. You see the green frame at the top of my screen? That's the place, where you see the next stop. It shows normally the first time in Chinese...

2. ...and then in English:

But because I haven't got Chinese support on my PC for Windows XP, there are just those unreadable characters. I'll have to find my Windows setup CD to install the Chinese support, then everything will work properly. Now I see those unreadable characters stops and then the normal English stops. More, the sound (the route speech voice like in some HK MM2 bus videos on YouTube, example: MM2 - KMB 968 (往元朗西 1) is not working, because I think AR Madness 2 needs Chinese support to read the audio files, but on my PC the files are looking like this: :x

I think when my Windows XP will have Chinese support, the sound will also work. Wish me good luck, that it'll work some day properly. Then I'll give the exact instructions (tutorial), how to let AR Madness 2 work properly and I'll give all download links, where to get every needed stuff. :D

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Good luck with this, and yes, you probably do need the the Chinese support.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Thank you, dummiesboy. Now the sound works, because the audio files hadn't the same names as in the *.txt file. They have to be identical for the sound route speech working. But they didn't match before, so I corrected each audio file name entry in the *.txt file, so that now the audio file names and the entries in the *.txt file are identically.

But that's hard work and I don't want to correct every audio file name and the *.txt file entries for every route I play with. Better I'll install the Chinese support files from my Windows XP Setup CD so I don't have to correct everything. Then it'll work from the first time I hope, when I'll have the Chinese support - without any corrections. 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Nice that you've got this curious program to work. I should try it. :) Looks that the audio files for the destinations are completely customizable.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Yeah, it very nice, I'll soon install the Chinese support, I found my Windows XP Setup CD. :D
Last edited by matt1314 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:32 am

what is ar madness?
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:21 pm

AR Madness 2 is a kind of a Bus stop reporter, which tells you the next stop. Watch the video! :P

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 pm

OK, guys! I won't say anything, look yourself! Yeeeeehaaaawwww! It works now! 8O I'm so happy!

1. In-game screen shot:

2. Working file names screen shot, now the sound works without any of my corrections from the first time! I installed the Chinese language support, configurated my system, rebooted and it works now! Yeeehhhaawww! :D

The exact instructions (tutorial) soon! 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Nice. :) BTW there was no doubt that it worked after installed the Chinese language.
Anyway I think that's a program that works separately from the game, so it doesn't interact in no way with it. If was so, that would be an interesting example of giving to the game new more advanced features.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Glad that you got it working right. It looks cool, I hope you can give us the instructions soon. :)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:37 pm

ive got chinese support but when i download a file(48x)it still doesnt work,can you put up the instructions or PM me thanks matt!
Last edited by Zac4084 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:28 pm

What's the sense to e-mail you? I said I'll make the instructions, so I'll make them. This should happen this week, I hope... :roll: When the files are looking like this, you have to set your language in your Language options (control panel of Windows) to Hong Kong S.A.R and set the Unicode options also to Chinese and the most important thing is, that you redownload the files and reboot your system. :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 am

What's the sense to e-mail you? I said I'll make the instructions, so I'll make them. This should happen this week, I hope... :roll: When the files are looking like this, you have to set your language in your Language options (control panel of Windows) to Hong Kong S.A.R and set the Unicode options also to Chinese and the most important thing is, that you redownload the files and reboot your system. :wink:
LOL sorry,i finally got it working! Thx :D

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:10 pm

The big AR Madness 2 tutorial for everyone

OK, finally after a long, long time I got time to make this ARM 2 tutorial for everyone who wants this feature for MM2.

About ARM 2:

AR Madness 2 is a simple stop reporter for MM2, which reports the next stop for every HK, CTB etc. route. Later about the details.

The steps to let ARM 2 working properly: (Of course you'll need Chinese support for your PC, otherwise the Chinese letters won't appear properly, Chinese support can be easily installed from your Windows XP or Vista Setup-CD)

1. First, of course you get the program itself from here. That's the most up-to-date version for now. The newest version has more improvements and advantages.

2. As the second step you create a folder in your main MM2 directory (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Midtown Madness 2\), called "AR Madness 2", or "ARM 2" or whatever you want to call it.

3. After the procedure you extract all the contents of the *.zip archive from the first step.

4. After this you create another folder in your MM2 directory called "cars". Use only "cars", otherwise ARM 2 wouldn't work as it should. This folder called "cars" will contain all the cars which you don't use at the moment for every playing of MM2, when you tick them off in the main window of ARM 2.

5. To see all addons, cars, tracks etc. *.ar files you have to set your MM2 directory first. For that go, when you started ARM 2, to "Files", then "Settings...". There you'll see in the General directory "MM2 path". Set there your MM2 directory. And of course set the "Backup path" to the folder "cars" included in your main MM2 directory.

6. After done all this, go the directory "Options" next to "General". Set there in the pull down menu in "Arguments" to "Safe Mode" and tick the box "Remove "Yikes!" Notice, if you want the program always to delete the *.lock file created every time MM2 is not closed correctly. Other options, like "Place deleted file to Recycle Bin", you can tick or not, as you want.

7. After set the MM2 directory and set all the things, better restart ARM 2. You should see a windows popping up, saying "xx" files were found. There you click on "OK" and you should see all your *.ar files included in your MM2 directory.

8. If everything was successful, you should follow the next steps carefully to enjoy the main part of this program, namely the stop reporting.

9. To hear every stop from this program, you'll need of course audio files. For this there's the site called " www.stopreporter.com ". I figured out where to go in the menu to download every route, it's here. Select there the wanted company and download each *.zip file.

10. After downloaded it, extract all the contents or just drag and drop them from the archive to your AR Madness 2 folder created in your MM2 directory to the folder "Routes" and in this folder you drop all the files down to a sub-folder (in this "Routes" folder) called "slot1". Note: You can only create maximum 9 folders, called up to "slot9". If you add more, ARM 2 won't load the route audio files of the folders like "slot10", "slot11" and others more than "slot9". In every slot you place only one route, so only the audio files of one route downloaded from stopreporter.com.

11. After placed all the files into your first slot folder ("slot1"), you will have to check if everything works right. For that you start ARM 2. You'll see the main window with all your cars, and two more things. The grey thing is the main control panel and the other white frame is the frame, where all bus stops are showed. To turn on the main control panel, you click on the little white square in the top right corner of the panel.

12. If you made everything right, you should see in the little window in the main control panel, a red digital writing saying "NULL".

13. To set the route you want, you have to press "1" on your keyboard and press it so many times (maximum 9 times, remember, 9 "slot" folders), so that your route comes up in the window, where before stood "NULL".

14. After chosen your route, press "6" to confirm your route choice. Then you'll see the following red digital writing:

Code: Select all

00 --> 4
By pressing "4" on your keyboard, you go through all stops which the route contains, to go back is impossible, only forwards. When the maximum of the stops was reached, it turns back to

00 <-- 4

so that means, the stops will be reported backwards now, as you'll drive back on your bus.

00 --> 4

means, you're driving forward to your one destination point,

00 <-- 4

means, you're driving to the other destination point, where you came from the first time.

15. Anyway, after you see

00 --> 4

you'll have to press "7" on your keyboard to confirm your stop number choice.

16. Finally, you should hear the female person saying first in Chinese followed by English, that she welcomes you onboard etc.

17. For the full exprerience, you should go to "File", when started ARM 2, and choose "Run MM2". This will start MM2, and right after choosing your bus, you'll see at the top of your screen a green frame. There will appear all the stops of each route. In-game you'll have to work with the same buttons for each command.

1 = Set your route 2 = Set to the start point (00); choose the direction "forwards, backwards". 3 = I didn't figure out yet, what this changes, I'll soon try out and see what it changes. It changes "00 --> X"(or <--) from "4", to "5" and so on, up to "8". Completely, it counts from "1" to "8".
That's all, I hope I didn't forget anything to say for properly working of ARM 2. Of course, for bus driving, you'll need:

1. A bus (there are tons of them)
2. A HK City (there lots of them, but not tons)
3. Knowledge of the route (I suggest YouTube, " https://hk.youtube.com/user/seasoup1994 " .)

Seasoup1994 is a HK MM2 bus route teacher, he made a video with, I think, nearly every route available for MM2. Watch his videos to know where to drive in each city.

Finally, I can say, enjoy AR Madness 2, with all its great features and become a great, professional MM2 bus driver! :P

Feedback and every comment to my ARM 2 tutorial is appreciated. :)

---------->The End<----------
Last edited by matt1314 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Great work with the tutorial to let work and to use this very good program. :) I should try it, also if the whole procedure takes a while.