How To Run MM2 In Windowed Mode

GT
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

How To Run MM2 In Windowed Mode

Postby GT » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:13 pm

Some of you have big screens which have resolutions which MM2 won't support. You can use the patch made by a person here, but if you're a perfectionist like me, then you won't like how the dashboards look - with space on each side. I read this topic and tried - but with no result.

So today, I asked Brian (b12man) from Madness Revived to help. He provided me with a step by step basis on how to achieve this and the result was successful and since I had the pics, he said I should post the tutorial.

1. Firstly, you need -

2. Then you must open - D3DWindower, add your .exe* to the list. Then click on settings (2nd icon), next to the 'Computer' one.
Use the settings as above, clearly set the resolution to what you want it to be in the window and make sure D3dHook.dll is located, it comes with D3DWindower.

3. Then go along to the next tab, and use these exact settings.

4. On the next tab, make sure nothing is checked.

5. Now the last tab, just make sure "Use Direct Input" is checked.

6. Finally, click the blue triangle (play) button, and then the Computer button.

Now, you can enjoy MM2 in Windowed Mode.

* Please note, this must be the No-CD .exe, I tried with the original one and it won't work.

** This has been tested in Windows XP and Windows Vista. It defiantly works in both and I will be testing it in Windows 7 shortly.

If you have any questions, please contact me.
MM2 For Life.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Nice tutorial, I'm always playing MM2 in windowed mode, to prevent game freezings. 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks to have posted it here GT. :wink: Great tutorial.
I already know how to play MM2 in window using that program, but it's not soo good, because it can give some problems not letting anymore work the added game with its settings. This program needs some improvements.

Actually I'm using it again, but I've noticed that there's no need to launch the emulation to run the game in window.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|