problems with new york map

using the mecedes s-class

happy-hippo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

problems with new york map

Postby happy-hippo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 pm

hey i've got a problem with the new york map. i've downloaded it and it worked fine until i wanted to drive with the mecedes s-class. When i tried it a message with 'fatal error' appeared. but with other add cars new york is working well. on my brothers pc each car runs, but why not on my pc that is way better? i copied his folder to my pc but it didn't run yet.

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Technologyfreak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Do you have a downloaded version?
[img][/img]

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby wilder » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:34 pm

Maybe because the S-Classe is very detailled and high poly
Old New-York map can only low poly cars
The new can run some mid/high poly cars but not all
Did this problem came for all cars ?

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Technologyfreak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:53 pm

It's a very big city so it will crash quite often whith a high number of addons and my experience is that one pc that is old like mine can do perfectly mm2 with mods, but a pc of a friend of mine is way newer but doesn't support it.
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:56 pm

New York City for MM2 has always got problems to work in MM2. The latest improved 1.1 version is a lot better, and it works without problems with certain high polygons cars models at certain screen resolutions, so is suggested to play with this version.
To play any version is needed to set from the graphic options Hardware Rendering without the T&L; with this, will be able to play it with almost any car expect the too detailed ones, with traffic and cops enabled (the cops are present in the improved versions and the original version included in the MM2 Overhauled! Mod).
If the game crashes while the city loading using a too detailed car, low the used screen resolution will solve it most of the times. Or also, try to remove the cop cars and low the traffic cars density.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|