Remove original cars damage textures

Is it possible?

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Remove original cars damage textures

Postby dude1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:30 am

I was wondering if in the original cars damage textures if there is a way some one knows to make them go away if its possible. I'm new to this stuff so I don't really know. Thanks for looking :P

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 am

Use deAR 2 to extract mm2core.ar, then go into the tune folder, the vehical, then search for .vehcardamage files. Open them with Notepad, and set the TextelDamageRadius to 0.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:02 am

Or you could delete the damage texture files. They have the suffix "_dmg".

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 pm

But then he would have to re-compile mm2core.ar, where as with the method I used, he would just have to make a new AR. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Use deAR 2 to extract mm2core.ar, then go into the tune folder, the vehical, then search for .vehcardamage files. Open them with Notepad, and set the TextelDamageRadius to 0.
This is the best way to don't have damages textures in in-game cars, but you haven't written what to do next: make a .ar file with WinZip of the 20 edited .vehcardamage files placed in the folders Tune/Damages.
This works if you want damages with breakable parts but without damages textures.
Or you could delete the damage texture files. They have the suffix "_dmg".
In-game cars can't be easily edited in that way like for the add-on ones. Game .ar files must be open and extracted with DeAR 2 program, and then you have to re-make it without the textures for the cars damages, but it's not suggested to replace a game .ar file for a such little thing. Better make it in the way explained above.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dude1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 am

thanks everyone ill try it

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dude1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 am

wher can i get the deAR 2 program

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:03 am

Its on this website. Go to "Files" (at the top of this page), then "MM2 Files", then "Programs". Anyway, you'll end up here to download it.

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dude1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:30 am

thanks. i finaly got the program and got to the list of mm2core.ar but i found the vehcardamage but its for every car and i cant open the file. can enybody help beyond how to find the file(read me) its the first time im doing this so please help 8O

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 am

Most files you ever want to edit for MM2 will open with Notepad. Just right-click the vehcardamage file and go to "Open with..." and select Windows Notepad or any other text editor (Wordpad, Microsoft WOrd...etc. but Notepad is fastest loader). Its helpful to check the box that says "always open this kind of file with the selected program" so you dont have to do this every time.

Once you open the file with Notepad, you can edit any of the values and save the file. As dummiesboy said, change the value of "Textel Damage Radius" to zero. You can do this for as many cars as you like.

Then select or highlight all the edited vehcardamage files and copy them to a new folder called "vehicle" (make it anywhere). Then copy this vehicle folder and paste in another new folder named tune. Right-click the "tune" folder and go to "Add to Archive...". A new box will appear. In that box, do the following in order:

First, check/choose the ZIP compression format.
Second, rename the file to what you like (example: nodamage)
Third, put some exclamation marks (!!!) in front of the name and put the suffix ".ar" at the end of the name (example: !!!nodamage.ar)
Fourth, Click OK. Congratulations, you made an addon! Now put it in the MM2 directory and the cars in game should not have damage.

dude1
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dude1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 pm

when i right clicked in deAR2 it didn't do any thing even after extracting when i did it in the mm2 folder progam not responding