Traffic from default cars mod

"Progress, discussing and beta testing; now released!"

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

I've seen and discovered what's the problem, I have to check and compare the files with the ones of a mod that increases that bouncing effect, seeing how it can be removed. I'll PM you the reply later.

Since you've changed only the roam.aimap and roam.aimap_p files, the ones to set the traffic of the SF and London cruise mode, is normal that with the blitz and checkpoint race mods there's the default traffic. To avoid this you had to use the same basenames of the game default traffic cars. It's an your choice anyway, doing how you've done you avoid to get the mod changing directly to the default traffic cars also to the traffic present in add-on cities (in few words, the mods doesn't work on them, because each city with traffic has the own .aimap and .aimap_p files with the own settings).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

Postby tonius11 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks for finding out what the problem could be, Franch. That's almost one more bug fixed! :D
To avoid this you had to use the same basenames of the game default traffic cars.
I know, I didn't do that because the amount of cars that are in each city don't fit.

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby twcfan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm

tonius what about the 1st thing i was talking about? (the horns)

LOL ur not lazy u are far away from being lazy :wink:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 pm

tonius what about the 1st thing i was talking about? (the horns)
What was the actual question then of that?

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby twcfan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 pm

well i was just thinking u could change tht since both the caddys have the same horn make it a little different :wink:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 pm

The bouncing problem with the truck is fixed. Thanks Franch!

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby twcfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm

@tonius just 2 let u kno franch is da man!!!! :P hes real good with tht stuff

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:50 pm

I think the mod is b

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm

I guess yes, you can release the file if everything is done for you, but there's still some question, read down the post.
The bouncing problem with the truck is fixed. Thanks Franch!
Wow, I thought that the problem was because of those files and values, but I wasn't so sure because I did only one try, and with not convincing in-game results. The no reply to my PM hasn't been a good signal to me, too. Great work with that. :) But, only to the truck that is now fixed, not also to the pick-up?
I know, I didn't do that because the amount of cars that are in each city don't fit.
Yeah, that's the main reason of why you've edited those files. However, to do that, for SF you've edited the City/sf.aimap one, but for London you've edited the Race/London/roam.aimap and Race/London/roam.aimap_p. Why this choice? I guess that's the same thing, anyway, I haven't neither got the time to do checks with the game core files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Yeah, that's the main reason of why you've edited those files. However, to do that, for SF you've edited the City/sf.aimap one, but for London you've edited the Race/London/roam.aimap and Race/London/roam.aimap_p. Why this choice? I guess that's the same thing, anyway, I haven't neither got the time to do checks with the game core files.
I did that because, for some reason, the city/london.aimap file doesn't have effect. But the race/london/roam.aimap files DO have effect. It's weird and also a little stupid.

About the pickup, I can't find the problem, I have tried a lot, but I can't fix it. But if you want to, you can take a look at it :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm

I did that because, for some reason, the city/london.aimap file doesn't have effect. But the race/london/roam.aimap files DO have effect. It's weird and also a little stupid.
Ok, thanks for explaing. It's weird indeed. This lets me think about the presence of a mod that changes the london.aimap file placed above yours in file names sorting, and so because of it the one in your mod didn't worked; but, sure isn't the case, the mod .ar file has 5 "!" symbols for the sure working of everything of the mod.
About the pickup, I can't find the problem, I have tried a lot, but I can't fix it. But if you want to, you can take a look at it :wink:
The pickup has problems with the rear wheels (I assume that you aren't using 6 wheels, the other two are attached to the body, I haven't checked). A such problem seems more related with the model conversion and objects axis than from its .aivehdata file. You can try to do massive edits to this file to see if fix that problem, but probably won't happen nothing this time.

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:57 pm

What kind of 'massive edits' do you mean? :oops:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:01 pm

What kind of 'massive edits' do you mean? :oops:
With that I meant do change a lot the values, also with steps of thousands, for example try with 1000 before, and after with 10000. :wink:
If nothing works, as I think, you can release the mod. :wink:

tonius11
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby tonius11 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:45 am

I tried that and nothing happened. :(
But, who really cares :P The mod will be released today!

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby twcfan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm

so ur not gonna change the caddie horn thing? but thts ok with me :wink: