Building texturing problem

_AhMeT_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Building texturing problem

Postby _AhMeT_ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi franch88 and other.I disturb to you again but i have interesting a problem when i making city.I utilize from video tutorial and i can do simple a city but my one problem is it...When i do a building,im adding a cube and im setting it(setting it taller) and adding a windows texture and doin' a city.After running it in mm2.It's running but NO WINDOWS TEXTURES :S just white...Why textures fail...GROUND_ texture is running but building doesnt :S also sometimes gives when i add building memMemoryAllocator...error : S

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Sure you've done all the steps in the right way, in fact it works in-game, at least. The wrong thing done should be the one of placing the building windows texture in the Texture folder, and not in the _Texture folder. More it there. What texture are you using for the GROUND_ object, generated as the simple plain PSDL terrain? A game default one? Or, if it's a custom one and it works means that you haven't done that error. :roll: Important is to don't use special characters for the texture file name, never use them about MM2 related files.
This _Texture folder is only used by the MM2CT to copy and rename all the track textures in the Texture folder, used by the game. After have made all the city, before make the .ar file it must be deleted to don't get a too big .ar file.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

_AhMeT_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby _AhMeT_ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

my GROUND_ texture is normal mm2 grass texture (grass.tga[converted from .tex file])...i have random name to window texture...grass running but windows not...and i used for building texture(window) _texture file....gonna try in texture file...and i did building name PHx_ (sajmon said it and work) but what should be real window texture name?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:49 am

A reply a bit confusing, but the thing is really simple.
You must put all the track textures in the _Texture folder, not in the Texture called one. In ZModeler, assign them to the respective materials and do the .3ds exporting, then make the track with MM2 City Toolkit. For the textures files, just use simple names like grass.tga and building.tga or windows.tga, the MM2 City Toolkit program will copy them in the Texture folder and will rename them adding the basename suffix ahead during the track creating process. With this, the track textures will work.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

_AhMeT_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

error

Postby _AhMeT_ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 am

yea...All the ones i made but now gives anohter error when city launching...

when i build a road and a building over it....game launching but textures is not :roll: when i build a square garden a building over it game gives this error...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:58 am

Usually this error is given by an error with the track/car, when it's not related with the too much .ar files present in the game folder and with the selecting of a car because of the same reason. Maybe it's given by wrong sizes of your textures: make sure that they have a size of 64x64 or 128x128 or 256x256 or 128x256 and so on. If isn't because of that, the track files would need a checking...
The buildings and other complex objects with a mapped texture must all be made as PKG objects (the PHx called objects, for the MM2 City Toolkit track generation).

_AhMeT_
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

omg

Postby _AhMeT_ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh my gosh...run..running textures and city 8O THX franch :P