[PHASE 3&4- Recruiting&Filming]Midtown-An MM2 Machin

The first of it's kind :D

mm3guy
MM2X Staff Member
MM2X Staff Member
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

[PHASE 3&4- Recruiting&Filming]Midtown-An MM2 Machin

Postby mm3guy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:53 am

Ever since I heard the term, I've had this idea for an MM2 machinimation film. In case you are wondering, machinimation is a film (or movie, whatever) made completely with a video game. Iv'e seen and helped a tiny bit with machinimations made with first person shooter-type games. I'm thinking a machinimation with a racing game like MM2 would be different. And if we need to use people we can use the SF_Skater and Peiton cars (almost cars). But what was stumping me was a story for this machinimation. Then we practice using the [V] camera and use people as camera men and good drivers as the drivers. Then we need to know what city to film it in, etc.
Anyways, what do you think of my idea? Hot or not? (I'm not making a poll, I like getting opinions as posts) And if anyone knows, was there a machinimation already made?

Phases the film will go through:
Phase 1 : Story Creation - [COMPLETE] - 100%
Phase 2 : Story Boarding - [SKIPPED] - N/A%
Phase 3 : Actor and Camera Men recruiting - [IN PROGRESS] - 50% (Camera men & voices needed now)
Phase 4 : Filming - [IN PROGRESS] - ?%
Phase 5 : Final Touches - [INCOMPLETE]
Phase 6 : Finished and in state of promotion - [INCOMPLETE]
Phase 7 : RELEASE! - [INCOMPLETE]

I need some small, un-noticable cars for the camera men
ETA: Sometime in August

THE SCRIPT:
Midtown Madness 2
Machinimation
Film Project

Script Idea #1, Revision #2
Copyright 2005, mm3guy

Image = Richard Image = Johnson Image = The reporter, Tom Aito, [Tom]

(beginning credits)

SCENE 1
(Kool FM 92.3 starts talking about Carlton)

(a major traffic accident occurs, news people and ambulances come over)

<news>
[Tom] : Tom Aito reporting here, reporting a traffic accident on Main Street, and it�s a doozy!

(a pile of cars in background)

[Tom] : This is a mess! Look, zero traffic signs and the cops chase innocent bystanders!

(news camera pans in on cop car chasing a person)

[Tom] : Our fair city (many coughs in the background) has gone out of control ever since Mayor Robert Quimby (news style slide shows picture of tough-looking elderly man) died of a car accident. Nice. After five long years the city of Carlton has had no mayor! I think we should get a new mayor, one that will make our streets safer for our citizens! Is my idea yay or nay?

(crowd cheers and applauds saying �Yay!�)
</news>

(FADE TO NEXT SCENE)

SCENE 2

(Richard sees this while among the crowd)

Richard : (thinking) Hmm, since I was a businessman for Central Software Incorporated, I have quick thinking and have a knack for finding out what people want, and good at arithmetic, I�d be a great mayor, and I�d have a good chance of becoming mayor because it looks like nobody else wants the title.

(SWITCH TO Johnson)
Johnson : (talking to fellow soldier) This stinky little city is full of puny little wimps and their precious little Quimby was a wimp too. I think I can whip this weak little poor exuse for a city into something worth actually looking at, if that�s possible!

(switch to camera sitting over a view of the KOOL van and [Tom], and a bit of the crowd)

<news>
(Richard and Johnson come out of the crowd, not expecting each other to be applying)
(camera goes back down to earth)

Richard & Johnson : I�ll be mayor!

[Tom] : Well, folks! It looks like we are having the first mayoral election in the history of our fair city (many coughs in background), Carlton
</news>

Richard & Johnson : *starts arguing*

(camera zooms out while they are arguing, and during that screen slowly fades to black)

SCENE 3:
(in front of mayor building)

Johnson : If you back out now, you little rat in a suit, It�ll save you a lot of pain!

Richard : Pfft! You think your little �punching technique� will strike me down? Being a businessman you have to learn to defend yourself with things like karate, watch.

(camera quickly switches to show Johnson�s face and a buzzsaw noise starts, and then the camera switches to Richard again, and is standing by a broken tree)

Johnson : (running away, screaming) II�ll beee baack!

Richard : *laughs*

(screen immediately turns black for three seconds)

SCENE 4:
(night time)
<news>

[Tom] : Well, folks! Let�s see if two months of campaigning have finally paid off in tonight�s mayoral election. Sorry, we know that it�s cold out tonight, but a garbage truck crashed into the entrance of the building; *coughing*id-i-ot*/coughing* ; and it REEKS over there, man! (quickly shows mayor building with garbage truck crashed into it) I have the envelope in my hands.

(dramatic waiting music plays)

[Tom] : Sorry folks, it�s a tie. We need to hold a competition, or should we revote?

(crowd starts chanting �Competition!� several times)

[Tom] : The crowd says competition. What do you guys want to do?

Johnson : Meathead here says he�s got �driving skills�, let us hold a race, and if we tie again, we do a car-to-car fight to the finish.

[Tom] : FIGHT TO THE FINISH??? That�s the most violent thing to for a reporter to report on since the Hindenburg!

(police cars start chasing crowds away, with a bullhorn bellowing, �Citizens of Carlton, I advise you to stay home and see this on TV!�)

[Tom] : Well, no one else is going to start the race, so I guess that means I have to start the race. (depressed-scared voice)
</news>

([Tom] starts the race, and the race goes on for five minutes in a planned path to be made in planning, but the race ties)

<news>
[Tom] : O-o-okay, s-so now I guess ah-I have t-to start the d-demolition competition (very terrified voice)
</news>

(after [Tom] starts the race, he skateboards away as fast as he can, and a fight scene between their cars goes on for two minutes, with [Tom] occasionally showing damage status, and they both get destroyed at the same time)

<news>
[Tom] : Well, folks. It looks like the people are going to have to decide who�s going to be their mayor!
</news>

(the crowd huddles)
Who will win? Stay tuned for the release
{EDIT}
Script 1 Revision 1: OLDIE
[link] (.doc file)
Do you guys like this idea? I need to add/remove and change stuff, of course :) this is just the first revision of the script :mrgreen:

Anyways, there are a bunch of skilled people here, and I hope there will actually be a reply, unlike my try at the now dead mm2cars.com ;)
Anyways, I need people who can be awake when it's daytime in Canada to help film the two major scenes in it. You must be good at using the [V] cam, too :D My official site is here, but my host broke their "No-AD guaranty" :evil: But I think I can find a new host somewhere anyways. I'm searching those host directories again :(
So does anyone wanna help with this project (I know, cheesy story, but wait until the sequel :twisted: )

BRA_Eugene
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Postby BRA_Eugene » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:09 am

Yah im right mm2cars.com is getting dead site but the other sites r better than that site :P

mm3guy
MM2X Staff Member
MM2X Staff Member
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Postby mm3guy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:53 am

Don't worry about multiplayer now. it's covered

Toyzidro
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Toyzidro » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:25 pm

lol im making other midtown madness movie since november 2005: https://forum.midtownmadness.net/viewtopic.php?t=31 about