From Midtown Madness 3

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Poland

Filter CMP for ZM 1.07b

Postby Pabolo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Is there any way, that make filter to Zanoza Modeler 1.07b, which could import cars from Midtown Madness 3 :?: I know, that Yallis created plug-in TEX for Midtown Madness 2

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:19 pm

So the MM3 vehicles models files are in .cmp format? Some MM3 vehicles models are nice, but now they lack in details, and the 3D interior are simple, they're not worth IMO especially because there are better alternatives. What's really worth to know is how play this game on PC with an emulator...
Ain't you've the possibility to import any model file in ZModeler, don't think that this is always possible just by making the apposite filter. Most of the times is needed the complete developing of a tool for one file format used in games.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby CarLuver69 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:37 am

It would be great if someone could post the CMP files here for someone to decode...
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:20 pm

So the MM3 vehicles models files are in .cmp format?...
Yes :D I have the game files on my hard drive ;)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Good, if you have these files give them to CarLuver, in PM or posting here, how you want, he has some friends programmers that can take a look to decode these files and possibly make a model file format converting tool. Maybe Volky can take a look to them too. Would be good if the textures are already in a known file format.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Go ahead, here are the files and folders cars packed in archives. Files and folders are set as the original :)

Download file

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:59 pm

That can be job for someone972 (Jeff), he already made DLP converter for MM1 :)

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

Well... who create plug-in CMP of Midtown Madness 3 for Zanoza Modeler 1.07b :?:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:16 pm

No one. Hopefully, Jeff will make a CMP>OBJ converter. Then, you can use blender/zmodeler/3ds max to import the obj file. :)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:32 pm

No one. Hopefully, Jeff will make a CMP>OBJ converter. Then, you can use blender/zmodeler/3ds max to import the obj file. :)
Or maybe he could create a converter CMP > PKG Converter :?: To directly open the file in Zanoza Modeler 1.07b

PS. On the internet I found something like that. It may be useful to someone:

Click!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Pabolo, read again my fist reply in this topic before repeat that again... ZModeler isn't the "editor" for any game where you can get any game model just by developing an apposite filter for each format, it can't absolutely be compatible with everything you wish...
The solution is develop an apposite tool for the purpose to convert these .cmp files in a 3D format, the .obj one is perfect. Then you need another program able to open this file format and export them in .3ds to be able to import in ZModeler. Also, isn't said that the direct converting in the .pkg format is possible, with these thigns you can't get everything how you would.
I've checked the uploaded file and I see that the textures aren't in a known format, is needed the same thing for them too; the file format is .cdds, and sounds similar to the .dds one.

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:07 pm

I messaged Yallis about this thing. Here is, what he says:
Hi! I do have a CMP parser somewhere on my hardrive, and I do intend to crack that format sometime. The problem is that the vertex data structure is compressed in a proprietary and/or obscure format that I haven't been able to make sense of yet.

By using a debug enabled Xbox I managed to locate the texture decompression code: https://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?p=314181#314181

So I think I have what I need, except for time. This is a very long term goal for me. I'll be sure to post any updates on the forums if they still exist when I make any breakthroughs. ;)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 pm

I remember that topic at MM2C forum about the MM3 DLCs, good that Yallis already found a way to get the textures from the .cdds file format. Pretty good news also about the models files decoding, a possibility to do something there is.

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:24 pm

And as, someone did this :?: Plug-in CMP for Zanoza Modeler 1.07b :?: You do not have to count on Yallis's. You would try themselves ;)