A few Midtown Madness 2 Easter Eggs/Possible beta placements

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

A few Midtown Madness 2 Easter Eggs/Possible beta placements

Postby TheJuliux11 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 am

Hey everybody! So, yesterday ( 2012-04-28 ) I made a video about a few Easter eggs and possible Beta areas and placements! I don't know if any of you knew all of them, but, I've decided to post the video here! :)

Here it is:

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:51 pm

LOL Dude! I LANDED in that underground station atop the building by accident while playing with Dummiesboy :P
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Heh, lucky. I never got to land on it. I only saw it with the Thrill Cam :P

NiAlBlack
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby NiAlBlack » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Some good finds, but you're wrong about the cadillac. 1 - it is the '59 cadillac and 2 - it was cut out because of copyright reasons. And I don't think that a part of sf was cut out, if there was meant to be something then it is missing because it was never made and not cuz it was removed. And I think the bay bridge is only decoration and was never meant to be driven on. But it is really weird that it goes to the end although you wouldn't be able to see it anyways and I'm also wondering why there is that building next to the bridge.
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4514][img]https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p515/NiAlBlack/colorspacklogolow.jpg[/img][/url]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby whoami » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Not really a similar firetruck, MS was too lazy to make such a cool one, then cut it out and put 1999 in there :P
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Some good finds, but you're wrong about the cadillac. 1 - it is the '59 cadillac and 2 - it was cut out because of copyright reasons. And I don't think that a part of sf was cut out, if there was meant to be something then it is missing because it was never made and not cuz it was removed. And I think the bay bridge is only decoration and was never meant to be driven on. But it is really weird that it goes to the end although you wouldn't be able to see it anyways and I'm also wondering why there is that building next to the bridge.
What I meant to say is that is what I THINK. :P
And I knew that the 1959 Caddy was cut off because of Copyright reasons. Stupid Windows Movie Maker didn't let me put in the rest of the text. And the empty area must've been for the rest of the city, because half of SF is missing. The bay bridge had to be driven on, but because of the road being glitched up there, they just made it as a decoration. They actually did make a 2nd firetruck, as a plan B. It's files can be found in the French MM2. (I have both English and French mm2's, even though I don't understand French)

Again, that's what I THINK.

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Not really a similar firetruck, MS was too lazy to make such a cool one, then cut it out and put 1999 in there :P
Actually, no! The 2nd firetruck (which I failed to find a picture of) was made as a "Plan B", in-case the 1st one's trailer didn't work out. Since it did, it was removed. Still in the games files though, but only in the French version :P

jorge14
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby jorge14 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Nice video :wink:
[img][/img][color=gray] Best MM2 car converter of the year[/color] | [img][/img] [color=chocolate] Best active member photoshop-er[/color]
[url=https://www.mm2jorge14.weebly.com][img]https://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/19/81/53/mm2jor10.png[/img][/url]

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks! :)

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby whoami » Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Actually, no! The 2nd firetruck (which I failed to find a picture of) was made as a "Plan B", in-case the 1st one's trailer didn't work out. Since it did, it was removed. Still in the games files though, but only in the French version :P
I know that from my experiences with Revisited v4 :P But what I meant whats the truck you pictured is too high-poly for the original one. MS was too lazy for that
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Lol, basically everything I've discovered in the past. The ramps, underground entrance, opponent, etc.

Anyway, about the unused area behind SF, that was never really used. I read an interview on IGN from July 2000 with the developers, and they confirmed that the bay bridge and all the other area were not going to be included on the level. This is also supported by the early beta map of SF, left in the core files.

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Lol, basically everything I've discovered in the past. The ramps, underground entrance, opponent, etc.

Anyway, about the unused area behind SF, that was never really used. I read an interview on IGN from July 2000 with the developers, and they confirmed that the bay bridge and all the other area were not going to be included on the level. This is also supported by the early beta map of SF, left in the core files.
Now I see! But still, SF feels way too incomplete. :/ Someone should make a mod for SF to include the rest of the city, fix the map problems and etc.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

That is far harder than it sounds, and really just not worth the effort. Maybe if the community was as active as it was in 2002 it would be a good idea, but in 2012? A few dozon people would actually use it, realisticly.

About fixing map issues, RV4 does that to a degree. And if I ever get the drive to continue modding MM2, RV5 will have even more.

TheJuliux11
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TheJuliux11 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:03 pm

But, as I've read, it said that the v4 of Revisited is the final one.

And yeah, I guess you're right. If only time travelling was real and such. :/ (wait, wtf did I just say?)

Also, in the mm2core.ar file, I found an unused Crash Course, which had an underground passage to Alcatraz. Why is it there?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Wed May 02, 2012 6:15 pm

I think I remember sajmon discovering that one a few years ago, but the underground passage is new... are there actually checkpoints underwater? Knowing how the beta races are, height is most likely inaccurate. It's possible that they lined up a series of barges that led to alcatraz. It was most likely removed because that type of mission doesnt fit the bullitt inspired hollywood stunt driver theme.