New mod: Cartoon MM2

Let's make a cartoon mod for MM2

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Update!: First building finished!:

Note: here you can see the buggy wheels. Still needing help. And cop car finished!

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 pm

The square wheels are to reduce the number of polygons and in the texture of wheels, the corners should be made transparent to remove that white part. :wink:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 pm

So I tried to remove the background: didn't worked, white square at same. Then I copied the wheels and putted them in a transparent background, white squares at same.

Can someone help me please?

Edit: now I can surelly tell that all the Metro is cartoonish (I think). And yes, you saw that wheels ;)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Good work with the first building editing, the multiple floors garage. Nice look for the London underground, but it can be somehow improved.
The wheels textures of the default cars uses the alpha channel to "cut" the round shape of the wheel from a square surface, used for the tires sides. When you do your edits to them, always save the texture as 32 bit .tga file, then, do its conversion to the TEX format. Now redo the edit from the orginal texture.
Since this mod changes only the game textures, to hide the shadows must be done by making their textures little and all transparent, exactly like you've already done with the reflections. The common texture is called vpfshdw.tex, but some cars like the Audi TT have a custom one.
Don't do like suggested by whoami, because that means import and export all the game vehicles just to make the shadow very small (bad solution)... it's a waste of time, can happen some in-game looking issues and you'll face difficulties (first of all, no native support for the car textures in TEX format by ZModeler, and it's another step to do convert them in TGA fomat just for this). More, happen conflicts with other mods that edits the default game cars .pkg files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, can someone please provide to me a shadow file for all cars already transparent? Cause it seems i'm unable to do it :(

Updated the first post, so it will include the releases :D

Edit: Update (thers a lot of them, lol): All roads are now finished! Working now on distance appear of the roads and intersections.

Beta 5 to download in the first post!

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 am

Another thing: what do you think about letting cars without damage? (If you know what I mean (Less Work) ;) )
That'd be nice. Because I don't know a way of destroying a cartoon.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm

But I'm undecided. Do I just leave all the textures the same (normal and _dmg), or do I make it really undestroyable?

And still need help with wheels and shadows. They just wont work :(

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Did you make that maroon cross on the wheels or is it a bug? If you delete the _dmg texture, there won't be any visible damage but the car will still receive damage and get destroyed. :wink: As far as I think, you should only remove damage texture so that vehicles receive damage without effects.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes I have made the cross, but I already removed it. Now its only a white square. And I'll rename the normal to _dmg, so I'll have the no effects damage ;) I only wish to know why my wheels aren't showing properly. If someone could indicate a tutorial where it explains how to make the wheels. Or someone can make them for me :) (I can give you my already made wheels so it can be done ;) )

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm

The damages textures can't be removed because already present in the game files. This is a texture mod that will "replace" most of the game textures, it can't obviously also "delete" some of them. The solution is indeed make a copy of the normal textures and rename them adding the _dmg suffix. I thought a way of making the damages textures, I'll show it to you when all the cars textures will be done.
About the wheel problem, it's simply an issue of not presence of the alpha channel. The texture must be saved in 32 bit to have it, I suggest to use Photoshop program. Post only the edited wheel texture, I'll fix the alpha channel and then you'll see how it's done; at the end, do the proper convertion to the TEX format.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 am

So here's the wheel .tga: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7fNix ... DBQWmQySHM

About the damage textures, are you talking about making also damage textures for the cars?

Also, now beta 6 is available in the first post, with all the roads and far appear completed. And now hosted in Google Drive (I think its faster ;) )

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am

About the damage textures, are you talking about making also damage textures for the cars?
Yes, I am. This thing can wait though, as said I'll try to do it when all the cars textures will be done.

Get the wheel texture here, it has fixed sizes and the default texture alpha channel.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 am

Ok, Franch, I'll try the wheel. And I'm already making the classic Mini!

Update: The wheels are perfect! Thanks Franch! Are they cartoonish enough now ;)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 am

Update: Mini Cooper finished! Going to release it in the first post!

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Looks cool, but better keep the lines of the side vents on the Mustang door