Inconvenience of !!!!!addon_vehtypes.ar

Game crashes

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Inconvenience of !!!!!addon_vehtypes.ar

Postby Doof4294967296 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm

I created a new cop car, the medium detailed version of Ford Mustang Cruiser. I was trying to edit the addon_vehtypes.ar I added the basename of that car (t_vpcop) then I tested the game when I go for a cruise it crashed, without any messages saying "heap failed at ptr 0f34d8c" that address is just an example its not always "0f34d8c". oh please send a reply to fix this inconvincing problem. :roll: :( :cry:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 pm

From what you say the game hasn't crashed because you've pressed the horn button of the cop car that you've made, right? If was so the reason was the missing basename in the vehtypes.csv file, usually put separately in the known addon_vehtypes.ar file. Sounds that the game crashed while the city loading, and so right because of the car that you've made. The problem there should be in it, see if everything is as should be with its files and model objects; the problem isn't related with addon_vehtypes.ar file.
Weird point made a cop car using the _M lod objects of the Ford Mustang Cruiser... If you haven't renamed them to _H, the problem should be right that.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Doof4294967296 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 am

Man! you have misinterpret what I mean, When I added the basename in the .csv file, every time I start a race the game closes itself by no reason!! This is nuts?! 8O

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 am

You haven't been really clear with what said, without specify that the game crashes without show any message right because of the addon_vehtypes.ar file that you edit.
Maybe you do something wrong with editing the .csv file? To be sure to do the things correctly, download the most updated addon_vehtypes.ar file here and put it in the game folder together with your cop car, then, download this tool, run it, open the .ar file and add the basename of your cop car, and finally save. Check all running the game.
Never remove the "!" symbols, and delete any other .ar file of this kind that you may have in the game folder.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Doof4294967296
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Doof4294967296 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for your help man! I worked!! Always remember, never edit vehtypes.csv in Microsoft Excel. You are a real expert here. :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Successively I thought that you'd used Excel or similar sheet calculation programs to edit that file. Indeed, never use them. The solution that I've given works always, but if you prefer to do manual edit, that obviously works when done correctly, the program to use is the simple Notepad.