id rather convert than create cars

but dont know where to start

darrenvox
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

id rather convert than create cars

Postby darrenvox » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:00 am

one of these days i want to be able to see my name there on the list of car creators/converters for converting some cars to either mm1 or mm2.

i also play games like trackmania and motocross mania and fs9 and would like to know the proper way to convert...i will download zmodeler tonite or this week but i have always seemed to fail at it...

is there a tutorial part of the forum/site... that would be great!!
darren's youtube
darren's forum
other aliases used in mm series sites 66chargerfan/interrobang/ford8nguy

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 am

To start, you've to learn and look around what there's to do about make a car for MM2 having already a 3D model: programs used (mainly ZModeler, Windows Notepad and a photo editing program); the objects needed for a MM2 vehicle and their names; all the essential files needed for its in-game working. About the 3D model, have you some ideas about what 3D model use and from where get it?
Check out the very good tutorials made by Silent1Unknown here. You can jump the parts about how create a car 3D model, despite something of them can be helpful too, especially to learn about ZModeler's tools and functions.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

darrenvox
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby darrenvox » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 am

Ok so i downloaded the zmodeller. Now i want to convert trackmania cars into midtown madness 1

Now im looking for a way to allow that sort of program to be used with zmodeller
darren's youtube
darren's forum
other aliases used in mm series sites 66chargerfan/interrobang/ford8nguy

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 am

About MM1, the only cars making tutorial available it's this. About TrackMania game cars (which game? There are various from this series), if you mean the game default ones, on the Internet can be found the 3D models. As far as I know, it's practically impossible do direct conversions of the add-on cars made for this game series.
Here you can find some tools required.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|