It's gonna suck

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Forza 5 is a HUGE disappointment

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 am

Hi everyone!

You may not know this, but I'm an avid Forza Motorsport fan; I have an Xbox 360 and all the forza games, and I also convert cars from forza to midtown madness as you may know.

Forza 5 is coming out in a few weeks and I've got to say that I'm disappointed... Why? Well, it will have only about 200 cars in it, which if any of you have played the series will realize is less than the original forza...

Why is this a problem for Midtown Madness? Forza was usually the first game that had the incredible cars that we now can see in MM2 (take the Aventador that Jelly and I converted, or the Ferrari F12 that I have finished sitting on my computer...)

Forza 5 will have all the same great cars with only a few new ones (LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Audi RS7, which are all great but that's about it with the new stuff)... So this will suck for people who like converting from the Forza Franchise.

And I'm most definitely not going to spend $500 to get a brand new Xbox One for a game that's basically worse than the older game (the graphics are even the same; the pictures lie).

Tell me what you guys think of the new game; I've got to say that I've never had this much bad to say about a Forza game (not even Horizon, which I personally didn't like because I like track games more than street racing ones).

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby carmaniac » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 am

Solution: Get GT6.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Two problems:

A: I don't like gran Turismo as much as forza
B: I'm also not willing to spend $300 or $400 to get a ps3/4

I'm fine with the older forzas for now until thy rethink the game

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:16 pm

200 cars? Maybe its just me, but I highly doubt we have 200 Forza cars in the files. I think we still have Forza conversions to choose from.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 pm

That's what I thought but they just released the full car list, in their words... Forzamotorsport.net had the list under the forza 5 showroom tab.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:10 pm

I've read this last night, yes, it's really disappointing, a bad step backwards than FM4 and FM3. Why this weird choice for one of the Xbox One launch games? Too few the new cars indeed, and the formula 1 like ones weren't a needed adding, IMO, they don't really fit with this racing game type. The DLCs planned are 6, each with 10 cars (there will be to see how many new and how many borrowed from FM4), for a total of 50 dollars with the pass... At the end this game will cost at least 100 dollars, better wait the possible final complete version. :| Here the on disc complete car list.
Solution: Get GT6.
But it needs a different console to buy, in case you already have the PlayStation 3.
Gran Turismo 6 seems to be more sincere, but actually it's looks too much similar to the previous capitol. It has 1200 cars, surely a lot standard ones (original from GT4) and then there are many variants of the same models. Have so many cars gets kinda useless at this point. Then, in both the games series there hasn't been a wide number of tracks.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 pm

I agree with you franch

I like the f1 aspect, but I really wanted Rally cars instead...
And if the DLC is like horizons, then they will surely almost all be from forza 4, so unless they do something, it won't be fun...

And really the only thing about granturismo that interests me is the corvette c7; I'll just get need for speed rivals if I want fancy new cars like that

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Triple_X » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:29 am

Am i the only one who's not really hyped about this particular genre of games anymore ?

it seems to me they're running out of ideas , and these track based racing games get boring really fast , i never finished my career in need for speed shift or shift 2 ... while for GT i was never a big fan of the franchise ... i'd spend my money way easier getting a game like NFS The run which was special and different or the new game coming for PS4 "The Crew" which seemed really fun , especially the online gaming :)

from my perspective these guys are lacking the creativity and just giving up ... happened with Ubisoft and their Assassin's Creed franchise but they saw that the fans were really disappointed with AC3 so they made A LOT of changes for Black Flag and i've been hooked (not a pirate's reference :P ) in it for days now :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 am

Something about rally cars and tracks was added in a DLC for Forza Horizon, but however, are others the games to look for that. I aspect most of the DLC cars borrowed from FM4, the quality of the cars models seen in screenshots is the same (already very good, so it's comprehensible their not remaking, lot of work to avoid too...). I expect to see the Corvette C7 added in one of the FM5 DLCs.

I agree with you Triple_X, this kind of games with many cars to be driven only in circuits and to do test drive, becomes pretty boring also to me. I prefer more cars driving on various kind of circuit, with many different kind of gameplay modes, but especially, the urban ambient. With this, The Crew looks very interesting. It's ok get NFS The Run spending little, being also old too, but the game it's not so good; the same is valid for the latest NFS Most Wanted...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 am

Yeah the crew sounds like a great game and I might get it... But I disagree with your first comment... Now I will admit that I've never come close to beating any forza (except horizon, which isn't really a normal forza game) and I did beat shift and I had a lot of fun with them

You have to be a total diehard racing fan to like games like forza, which is why it's perfect for me

Oh yeah and the forza horizon rally was complete bogus, adding just 5 cars and the same map but covered in dirt... Most wanted was good but got extremely repetitive, and I'm really hoping rivals will be better

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby Triple_X » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:20 am

i've had way more fun with an old nascar game than with Shift and Forza and you can take for example F1 series , they're fantastic , you have something new each year , the game is fun etc etc
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:54 am

I know f1 is a great game... It's really based on personal preference... Forza and granturismo aren't for everyone...
I've got to say though, I would've gotten forza 5 if Microsoft was smart like Sony and realeased the game for Xbox one AND Xbox 360 like granturismo (on ps3 and ps4).

Microsoft sucks

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Well, Microsoft has obviously made Forza Motorsport 5 only for Xbox One right to have a game exclusive of this series for the launch of this console (and for obvious selling reasons). Then, there are already Forza Motorsport 3, Forza Motorsport 4 and the spin-off Forza Horizon for Xbox 360, another Forza Motorsport chapter for this console isn't necessary.
Gran Turismo 6 is going to be only a PlayStation 3 exclusive, as far as I know. I've read some rumors about its coming to PlayStation 4 in future, just a porting to have the Full HD resolution, but for now it's not planned. Probably isn't going to happen, because traditionally, there have always been two GranTurismo series chapters per each PlayStation home console existing.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Ah maybe it was a rumor

I know Microsoft is just a bunch of ripoffs and that's why it only being sold on Xbox one as a horrible release game...
And I think you're right: there doesn't need to be another forza game on Xbox 360... They should really consider adding some more DLC to forza 4 and maybe horizon... That would be a great update